Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I'm not really driven by the charms of carbon fiber, however, I need a top mount for my speedo and tachometer, and all I can find are c.f. ones.

The thing is, I've found them for a '92 750, and of course, I have an '88. Will it fit?

(As my bike is a retired racer, it only had a tacho for a long time, and the top mount is long gone somewhere. Oh, if you have your stock one that you don't use and hate, donate it to my cause!)

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
I dunno... the pic of Andy's bike with the cf stuff there looks pretty good... do you need the whole assembly, bracket and all, or just the cover doo-hicky? I know that the early gixxers just used foam over the bracket, and if I ever get around to mounting a sigma for a speedo, I'm gonna ditch the stocker and plastic cover and just use a block of foam that's cut-to-fit on mine.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Really I just need the top cover doohickey (technical term, thanks). Currently I'm rigged with some foam and, sorry, but electrical tape.

I have a sigma speedo, but I'd just rather have the stock one, inaccuracies and all. (I have a radar gun if I need to check it!)

Don't get me wrong, the carbon stuff looks cool. But I'd rather put my money into making it fast and looking good at speed, than into making it pretty at 0 mph.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts