Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Has been Texan longer than the cheerleader
26,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do you remove the riders seat from a 99 GSXR 750? From looking at it I would say you have to remove the side panels first....but that seems like such a pain in the ass....

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
pull the padding upwards and forwards at each corner of the rear of the seat.

under is a couple of allen bolts (8mm?). Undo.

a handy mod is to replace them with quick release pins.

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
Anybody know where to get quick-release pins and what they would cost?

·
Registered
409 Posts
I changed mine with Philips screws....never thought of the quick release though

I had to change them because i lost one of the allen screws...it backed its way out! Oops

·
Registered
20 Posts
Where could I find those quick release pins?
Its a pain the ass to mess with those allen keys.

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
I wanted to do that to mine. My only hang up was that I didn't want someone to have quick access to the brain and battery. Plus, my insert threads just spin around and around when I try to put the bolts back in which kind makes me want to put the pins in, BUT I have some stuff at work where I can replace the inserts. Has anyone else had this worry about the accessibility?

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
never thought of it like that, especially as shops all seem to mount alarms under the seat. but, if the scum are looking under that seat, there gonna get under there anyway, with kwik pins or allen bolts.

never heard of the thread inserts spinning like that though.

·
Registered
2,358 Posts
Mine started to spin, I tried glue, and brute force, but they still spun.

My answer is a couple of ling hitch pins, and a couple of pins...

I drilled out the thread, and through the bottom of the sumframe, pushed a pin through, and secured it with a pin pin - so that it will not "drop".

The seat sits onto the pins, and a pin then holds it it place - I'll take some pics at the weekend to explain.

Its good because its really hard to remove the seat without long nose pliers

Took a lot of patience to learn how to put the seat on, and slip the pins in, but once you've done it a couple of times, its not too bad.

·
Registered
900 Posts
I had the spinning thread as well only on one side. Had to get a mate with a welder to put a spot on it for me. Had him do the other just in case. Pain in the arse but now it should be fixed. I'd be interested in seeing the pins pics. Looked at another post and a company charging a load of money for a couple of pins??????

·
Registered
2,358 Posts
This is a pic of the pins in place -

I'll take more when I tear it down next....

·
Banned
6,048 Posts
Originally posted by dan uk:
been covered numerous times in past.

this post is from Scott (esemes) disgraced ex srad owner (got a 1000 now
)

Heheheheh

quick release seat pins post

more info do a search for 'quick release pins'
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">cheers to you dan!! say it like it is!!!

my 1K completes me ((well, it will after next months build......cams, head ported/polished, etc...should roll out low 170's (BHP) at the tire when all is said and done....))

thats without a full system....

merry christmas. hope all is well with you and yours

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
hehehe i thought you'd like that scott

that 1K of yours sounds impressive, as soon as that heap of shite of mine in the garage is done, then its down to the local shop and an 03 750 will be mine.

sod the expense !!!

take care

dan

ps you dont fancy buying me a pcII from the states ($259), me sending you the doh and a drink for yourself then sending it to me do ya by any chance ???? i want one but they work out at $435 here !!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts