Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if I just go +2 in the rear sprocket will I notice a considerable difference over stock or should I just go -1+2??? I am trying to gear my 04 600 so it will be easier to wheelie but I don't want to lose too much top end so would you guys recomend just +2 in the back or should I just go for the -1+2... THanks for the info in advance

·
Registered
9,633 Posts
-1 in the front first if you haven't already
A 600 will wheelie without gearing changes
-1 +2 would definetly do it
If you are just screwing around with gearing to find what you like I recc. staying with the 525 OEM sizes. Saves $$$

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know that the 6's will come up but I want it to come up and stay up... hehehe... Just wondering if +2 on the rear will do it or should I go -1 in the front??? I still want my bike to basically be like it is now but with a little more torque on the low end to get the front up in second gear... What do you guys say... +2 on the rear? -1 on the front??? or -1+2??? Thanks

808fastbikes

·
Cock Thumb, or Thumb Cock? You decide.
31,593 Posts
I know that the 6's will come up but I want it to come up and stay up... hehehe... Just wondering if +2 on the rear will do it or should I go -1 in the front??? I still want my bike to basically be like it is now but with a little more torque on the low end to get the front up in second gear... What do you guys say... +2 on the rear? -1 on the front??? or -1+2??? Thanks

808fastbikes
gearings not gonna help keep the front up, you gotta learn how to balance it.. your bike will come up fine with a dip of the clutch, i could rip it up sitting around 50 mph, cllutching 35mph or so. bouncing 3rd standup is even no problem and can be ridden for miles with stock gearing..

·
Registered
9,633 Posts

808fastbikes
-1 first
$20 mod
if that doesn't do it then try +2 or more in the rear
Fuk it go -2 up front +13 in the back, flatten the tire and then it stay up all day

·
Registered
241 Posts
I ride with +2 on the rear and there is a noticeable difference over standard. But it's not overly harsh. The general consensus seems to be that -1 on the front = + 2 on the rear. If that's the case, then it shouldn't really matter what you do.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts