Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For starters I post a while back about a sluggish low end on my bike. Well lately the bike has been running worse and sounding horrible. I take it to a guy to get my new chain and sprocket kit on and he calls me later that day to tell me it is ready.

Well then he says when you drove up your bike sounded bad so I checked it out and......

"You were runningon three cylinders I put in a new plug, and the vacuum line to the fuel valve was off it is a whole new bike now."

Boy was he not kidding! All the problems I was having with off idle power are gone, suspect vacuum line was off from day I got the bike Jan 3. Three cylinders that explains the piss poor idle etc. for the last week and a half. Also the bike was running cold like 140ish on mid 50 degree nights. Now temp is normal.

Here I was suspecting dirty carbs cuz of all the talk of checking the tank for rust etc. and I do have a small amount of sediment in the tank.

Anyway thanks to John and everyone for your tips and advice. Bike is running great
New AFAM sprockets +2 in the rear and DID 520 chain
damn what a rush!

·
Banned
16,404 Posts
i got your PM, glad yer bike is all there now, as for the info, its just the other side of the coin..just dont be fooled by advertiser BS..

this site is a great place to air out the crap..

lying advertisers
(and you know who you are)

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Glad it's running well, Kinda like driving around and then realizing you've had the parking brake on

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
If you were riding on 3 cylinders for a while, I assume that the one cylinder that was not working was still getting fuel, I wounder where all that un-burned fuel went
you might want to do an oil change

·
Registered
495 Posts
gearing rock's! Iv'e got -1 front and +4 rear it's cool when you whack the throttle

Bryce Random racing #418
p.s. did he charge you for fixing your running problem and if so how much?

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
Originally posted by BryceRandom#418:
gearing rock's! Iv'e got -1 front and +4 rear it's cool when you whack the throttle

Bryce Random racing #418
p.s. did he charge you for fixing your running problem and if so how much?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">
X2, what the hell does this have to do with this topic

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
Originally posted by ridder994:
DEEONE, how many days out of the year u ride up there man. and how is that a p.rican ended up there?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I ride from May to Aug. sometimes Sep. all depends on the weather. I've been here for 11 years, by way of the Army, did my time and stayed up here.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts