Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do i get the squeaking to stop? I replaced the pads about a month ago and it's justnow that it starts to squeak when i come to a stop! Just hte rear brakes mind you!

Any ideas???

Thanks,
REID

PS- sounds like i need to lubricate something or spray some wd40 somewhere..

??

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
Dont spray WD40 on your pads
[LOL
]

Rear brake pads are usually the ones which are squeaky. The problem is mostly glazed pads.

What u can do is, remove the pads from the caliper, and rough them up on your concrete sidewalk or driveway. The squeak should go away

Unfortunately, it may return, as the pads become glazed again. It depends on your usage of the rear brake and the pad itself [some are squeaky, some arent]

KaTz

·
Registered
781 Posts
I am having the same problem since I changes the rear pads. I am using Farado or something like that (they were advertised all over in yesterday's WSB race). I did put copper grease o0n there back, sort of rubbed a small amount on the back so that no residue is left. Should I pull them out again and put more copper grease? Should I just pull them out and roughen them on the pavement? They are new pads and should not behave like this

·
Registered
295 Posts
i have the same prob, i actually had a pad break down and kinda chewed up my rear rotor last year(my own negligence) so i got a rotor on ebay looked pretty straight and got new pads, they started squeeking as well, a high pitch actually for the whole duration of braking. i have rmoved pads and sanded with emery cloth. im thinking of taking the rotor in to like checker or something next time i change my tire, and have it turned as there are a few lines that may be causing that frequency to be created.
it really doenst bother me though since i rarely use my rear, unless i need to stop quick as hell, or just enough to keep the front end from dropping alot when stopping

·
Registered
192 Posts
Everyone one here with a brake squeak, take your pads out of the caliper take some Medium Grit sandpaper around 400 and sand the pads down just enough to clean off the surface put them back on and the sound should be gone. You dont to have to do anything to your rotor at all.

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
also shamfer the leading edge quite pronouncly.

thats what i used to have to do with new pads on my old cars, and it worked.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts