Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My rear brake sqeaks a little bit, only when im going aorund 20-30 mph. the bike has only 300 miles on it, but it just started happening.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I would like to know how to get rid of the squeak as well. My 05 rear brake also squeaks.

·
Registered
8,423 Posts
It will slowly go away. The 04's had the same problem and mine has not done it in almost a year now.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Take the pads out and slap a bit of copper grease on the back (NOT the face side for obvious reasons). That should sort it out.

·
Registered
380 Posts
My bike has 3300 miles on it and it still squeaks...
Took it apart 2 times with no luck.

·
Registered
11 Posts
i got over 4k on my K4 and they just squeak as they please. I'm just dealing with it untill I have to change the pads to EBC's will'll see then.

·
Registered
26 Posts
my k5 750 has 1100 miles on it and they have squeaked since the day i got it, its just the rear break though

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Brake parts cleaner and clean your pads out, your rotors, and the inside of your calipers. I bet their nasty dirty. A bit of copper grease on the backs helps a bit too, but don't put much - you only need a thin spread of it around where the pistons touch.

·
Registered
65 Posts
My rear brake squeaks on my 04 1K - 2000 miles on it. When I had it up on the rear stand i spun the wheel (by hand of course) and the disc is warped. I could see side to side movement. Does the dealer turn these things true? Or will I have to buy aftermarket and will they be true with no squeaky. I'm going to steel lines soon so that will be the time to upgrade.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts