Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had my k4 750 for over a year now and have had allot of fun, im finding the acceleration pretty tame now after riding a buddys k5 1000, am wondering if id feal a noticeable difference in acceleration if i was to go down -1 tooth on the front sprocket and atleast +2 teeth on the rear sprocket??

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
I am going to pick up my 04 750 with a -1 tooth front today. I will post what I think.

·
Banned
15,031 Posts
i've got -1 on my 750

its all i basically need.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok i need ur input on what i was told, I went to order a new front sprocket with -1 tooth and was told that id also be needing a new chain with different amount of links as the original would over heat and wear excessivly quick, Now i aint no dumb ass id have thought that the original chain would be capible of with-standing the extra torque effect that would be felt from going down 1 tooth as its nothing majorly extreme, possibly if i went down 1 on front and up 2 or 3 on the rear then i could understand having to get a larger chain, Will i get away with -1 tooth on front using original chain.All input greatly apprechiated!(spelling is awful!)

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
also forgot to ask, gimpsta, having -1 on the front of urs does it make a conciderable impact to the overall feal of acceleration?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Also did -1 on my gsx-r 750; for me the solution...

Does anyone know what the topspeed is with a 16sprocket instead of the standard 17?

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
I just picked mine up the other day after having it put on. I have the stock chain, and so far no problems. The accelration is AWESOME, I have noticed any change in the top end pull. I know that the other night I was able to reach 182(I promise no BS). Granted the speedo is off now, just don't know how much. I love it, from now on every bike I buy will be down one. First gear is a little more wheelie happy but after that not to bad unless you are trying. I say do it, I mean damn it is only like 20 bucks for the sprocket. Very cheap and if you don't like remove it, but you will I promise. Does anyone know just how are the speedo is now. I would like to have an idea of what I was going when I got 182. The fastest I have ever gotten before was like 178. Thanks

·
Banned
15,031 Posts
ya it'll go past 182 (indicated) - this is at a track mind you.
NO you don't need another chain.

Yes she pulls more down low, but its not so much that your out of control.
The top speed is probably 170ish stock . I just guess its now about 160ish. I need one of those huge cop signs that flashes your speed at you on the freeway if your gong over the speed limit. Oh well, the only place I see those is in town or school zones.

·
Registered
347 Posts
I just dropped one on the front and its been RAINING all damn day/week!!! I cant take it out and open it up yet to see the difference. I ordered a speedohealer this week as well and will be putting that on to take care of the speedometer issues, especially if I decide to go up a bit on the back.

·
Banned
15,031 Posts
on a 750? even stock it takes a good bounce but you can bounce 4th up, with -1 its a good hard bounce. But i guess if your big into stunting i can see why. But for the track and stuff i'd leave it at -1.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts