Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Quite a few people drop 1 tooth on the front sprocket so for the 600 that would be a 15t sprocket (I think I have . Some also add 2 teeth to the rear sprocket and change the chain for a 520.

I have gone down 1 tooth on the front of my 750 and it has transformed the bike. Much more throttle response and pickup out of corners. If you ride twisties then this mod is a no brainer. You loose some top end, but today I got her up to 155 (140 actual as my speedo is still out):nono and I still had 3000 revs left to play with, so on a good day she will still do 155/160, which for me is plenty.

I dont feel i need to add more to the rear sprocket. The bike is perfect with just -1 on the front, also it is a really cheep mod. If you dont like it you can go back to standard and its only cost you £10 ($30?).

·
Premium Member
18,689 Posts
i think he was asking about brands or what not. If you were the biggest thing is to make sure it's hard anodized rear sprocket. All front sprockets are steel so that's not a big deal. As for a chain the did erv3 or the rk gxw are very popular and probably the best 520 kits on the market.

this gives some info on gearing and the basics of chain kits. should help you understand what gearing does, what is out there, etc...

http://www.motomummy.com/chainkithelp.html

any questions then post up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.