Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have searched the website but I can't find what I'm looking for. So my question is which sprocket is for torque front or rear? Right now my setup is -1+2 an I really don't like it for a few reasons. I don't like reving so high in 6th gear an my top end is shit. So I wanna switch one of the two I just don't know which one I should put back to stock.

·
Captain Obvious ... because obviously it’s obvious
3,844 Posts
The answer is both. If you decrease the front size, you will increase effective torque transmitted at the output shaft, while increasing the rear size gives a greater "lever" for rotating the rear tire.

·
Hand-Eye Coordinator
6,509 Posts
Don't do a site search, OP. The Russians infiltrated 20 years ago and have been running a misinformation program, since, to sow discontent among the motorcycle community so they would vote for trump.

·
You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to
7,584 Posts
Look here. Your current gearing results in 6th being somewhere between 4th and 5th with the stock gearing.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Go back to stock. That gear ratio didnt just fall out of the sky. There was a ton of testing done to come up with it.

The reason people change both gears is to keep the same chain length. Modifying either gear will have the same result, but decreasing the front affect chain life as it having to make a tighter wrap.

Down one in the front is equal to going up two or three in the rear.

·
Premium Member
1,993 Posts
What king of riding are you doing?? How in hell do you even keep the front tire down with that gearing?? Just go back to stock.....:facepalm

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
6 Participants
JP1143
Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
A forum community dedicated to the Suzuki GSX-R motorcycle. Discuss the GSX-R600, GSX-R750, GSX-R1000, and GSX-R1100, and more!
Full Forum Listing