Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 01 gixxer 1k with the mods listed in sig. I want to change the sprockets because i want to street ride with the occasional trip to the drag strip. Any suggestions on a front and rear sprocket combo that will give me a little more bottom end without going overboard. Also, anyone know of a link where I can get a speedo corrector? Will this put my speedo back to stock after a sprocket change? Thanks, Rich

·
Registered
152 Posts
I just got a set for mine 15 front and 44 on the rear sprocket. First time I've changed sprockets on bike so don't know how much differance it's going to make, but should be noticable.

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
if you are running 1/4's regulary, you will find out that the stock gearing is pretty good, because you are crossing the line at max revs in 4th gear. If you change the gearing down, you will add 1 more gear change in and this will cost you time, pends if you can make that time up with the launch....
Si.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
not running the 1/4 regularly. I just want it to pull harder down low and in the midrange. anybody have experience with other combos?

·
Registered
314 Posts
I just installed a +3 rear vortex sprocket and a 520 RK xw-ring chain on my 02 1000. It has been stock gearing up until then and let me tell you the difference is awesome. I didn't want to go down in the front because I was told it can increase how quickly the sprocket will wear out. I'm very happy with the +3 rear it feels like a new bike, so much more power everywhere. The bike should have come from the factory like this. If you go +3 you won't be disappointed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts