Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Colonel H. Stinkmeaner
5,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about buying a Springfield XD 9mm. Anyone own one I can get some opinions from?

·
Registered
254 Posts
My buddy had a springfield xd. Nice gun, but he ended up trading it in towards a sig p229 and now he carries the smith & wesson m&p 40cal sub compact. I've shot all of them and i honestly prefer the m&p. It just felt more solid, for me at least, though i will admit that the sig p229 had a more ergonomic grip setup. My opinion: either save up for the sig, or if price is an issue go with the m&p.

·
Colonel H. Stinkmeaner
5,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've went to the store and held the XD. I liked it more than the Glock.

·
Registered
59 Posts
IMO glock is a superior gun I've had both and my glock 26 has literally never jammed (around 5000 rounds) and the xd has. The xd is appealing with the backstrap safety and lighter trigger. Go feel them out and see what feels best to you. Also check out Kahr PM9

·
Registered
301 Posts
Which gun you get is all personal preference. When I was shopping for a handgun I went to a local range that has over 40 guns to rent and shoot. The gun I wanted to buy before shooting it ended up not feeling good to me.

Don't go by what other people say about guns. Go shoot them before you make your purchase or else you will be trying to sell your gun so you can buy the right one for you.

Just my $.02

I shot the Glock 26, SA XD9, S&W M&P 9mm, and the S&W M&P Shield. I ended up with the M&P Shield.

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
I compared the Glock and the XD before purchasing. I have to say they were very close to me so much so it came down to price. The one thing I over looked was that the Glock has adjustable sights and the XD don't but the XDm does which is an upgraded version of the XD. BTW my comparison was based on the .40 cal pistol vs. the 9mm.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Guns I've looked at recently:

Glock 23
Beretta PX4
S&W M&P9c
Springfield XD

After shooting them, and spending a lot of time looking, I decided on the M&P. Smith and Wesson makes some really good guns IMO. Glock has their reliability (and tons of accessories out there), the Beretta had a pretty nice feel to it, I really liked the grip safety on the XD, but the M&P just felt the best, both holding and shooting it.

·
Mr Creepy McCreep
2,440 Posts
I have 2 glocks now and a ruger but my next will be a 1911 just because I want a .45 cal and if it's been good enough for our military for over a hundred years it oughta be good enough for me

·
Constantly in trouble now
16,403 Posts
I don't like either the Glock or the XD but that said, the Glock is a much better pistol. The Beretta PX-4 is the one I would choose, actually.

--Wag--

·
Registered
674 Posts
Its all what you like and can afford. I personally like my glock over the xp I had but, I would rather have my Springfield 1911 45 over my old Glock mod. 21. Dont really care for my Beretta. It has a long trigger pull so I gave it to my mother. Just my opinion.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts