1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Wants to be the pivot man of the "gixxerguys" circ
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
552 Posts
Well, what you're going to hear is to go with something made by puig or maybe zero gravity. They make a double bubble windscreen that does indeed divert air pretty well. They're a little cheaper than that OEM screen there too.

http://www.motomummy.com/store/product.php?productid=17142&cat=513&page=1

http://www.motomummy.com/store/product.php?productid=17789&cat=506&page=1

I have the puig DB, good quality. Some people like the hotbodies screen for aesthetics, but the puig and zg are better in terms of quality and actual air diversion.

·
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for sharing this, do you know if this screens are more for touring or racing? I am really looking for something that for a touring type ride so from 0-80mph and not on the track.

·
Premium Member
552 Posts
Hard to say if you'll find a touring windscreen per se, there aren't any out there that will block the wind completely. The puig z-racing is about as tall as you're going to want, and the whole idea is having 2 different radius bubbles to better move the air up and over your body without being ridiculously tall.

This might help you out with some pics/info
http://www.gixxer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=205605&highlight=puig

I used to ride an 80 mile highway commute everyday, for me the DB windscreen made a pretty big difference. :punk

·
Premium Member
327 Posts
Zero Gravity also makes a "Sport Touring" windscreen in addition to the well known "Double Bubble". I noticed the part wasn't listed for your bike, but it is for the 750 of the same year, so I assume that would work. You could contact them about that. Personally I have gone with the Double Bubble application for all of my sport bikes to help manage the wind more on the highway and it's worked out great for me (have one on my 750 now). It's given me what I was looking for without really messing up the lines of the bike (in my opinion - for some even the Double Bubble is too tall). If you check out some of the "Sport Touring" screens available you might come to the conclusion that they are pretty chunky looking, which could sway your current opinion. I say try out a double bubble style by the maker of your choice and see how you like it, I think it could be just what you are looking for.

Have fun and be safe.

·
Registered
224 Posts

·
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
wow that's a tall bitch
Holy crap, was thinking the same thing. That would come in great for when I decide I need to stand on the bike seat going 60 in a 35 on my way to starbucks!

·
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I also have the PUIG DB. looks bad ass and my chick magnet increased by 1 Tesla
Yes but if my chick magnet increased by 1 tesla, then it might offset the whole "Wants to be the pivot man of the "gixxerguys" circle jerk" thing... :wtf

·
Registered
304 Posts
is there someone who have on your gixxer the light smoke screen i want to see how it looks.
puig or OEM suzuki??
and is there someone who have the MRA screen??i cant find photo on the gixxer.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts