Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Has anyone had any trouble out of STG?

I will admit that there service and shipping is fast, and Brian's Youtube videos are plenty helpful. Prices are reasonable as well.

The one problem I have noticed is that they send me things that look like they have been used, or sitting around the warehouse for while. I don't know about you guys, but when I pay a new price for something... I EXPECT IT TO BE NEW!!!

Example: I ordered a Scorpion Exo 500 helmet. Everything was groovy until I had the helmet in my hand and looked at the inside. It looked dirty on the inside like someone had worm it after playing in dirt.

Example 2: I ordered some Michelin Pilot Pures. Everything was groovy until I opened the packaging. I noticed that the tires they sent me were 2 years old. You can tell when tires were made by the numbers on the sidewalls.

Has anyone else had this issue with STG???

·
Premium Member
117,182 Posts
Helmet, id lke to see pictures of it

Tires, So? They are fine. That is not uncommon at all. Hell tires are often 6 months to a year old by the time they get here from over seas. They order THOUSANDS at a time, so some of them will sit on the shelf for some time in their warehouse.

That does not mean the tires are bad.

·
Premium Member
4,260 Posts
you should really call someone over there and discuss it, give them a chance to make it right before you go to an open forum and put them on the spot.
Absolutely right.Any issue I ever had with them,I addressed it directly and they were more than happy to resolve it. :fact

·
Nazi Lustful Faggot - hot for Hermann Göring & Cai
3,250 Posts
Helmet, id lke to see pictures of it

Tires, So? They are fine. That is not uncommon at all. Hell tires are often 6 months to a year old by the time they get here from over seas. They order THOUSANDS at a time, so some of them will sit on the shelf for some time in their warehouse.

That does not mean the tires are bad.
Yeah but OP got 2 y.o. tires, not 6 months, not 1 year, but 2 y.o.

·
Premium Member
117,182 Posts
Yeah but OP got 2 y.o. tires, not 6 months, not 1 year, but 2 y.o.

So?

they take 6mo to a year to GET HERE from Italy or whatever, and STG orders THOUSANDS at a time. Turns out, you cant sell a couple thousand tires in 1 month. It might take a year or more :dunno

They are TIRES, not gallons of milk :wacko

Not only that, they are tires that were stored properly, and they are street tires at that which are designed to last longer than race tires do, AS WELL as the fact even if they did lose a fraction of performance (they havent) they are street tires that likely will NEVER see the edge of their performance envelope.

You people over think shit and worry too much. :wacko

·
Premium Member
143 Posts
Wouldn't contacting the vendor, before putting them on blast in a public forum, make for an easier solution to the problem?

·
Registered
101 Posts
I've ordered from the multiple times without problem. I'm sure they will work with any problems you claim to have.

·
Nazi Lustful Faggot - hot for Hermann Göring & Cai
3,250 Posts
So?? :dunno

Ignore if I missed your sarcasm
You can't store tires forever, they degrade slowly even if they aren't used and stored in a cool place. I had experience with almost 3 y.o. metz m3 and I didn't like them (they were too hard, grip was awful).

·
Premium Member
117,182 Posts
With the exception of one or two posters in this thread so far whom I dont "know" I can almost guarantee I can take the tires the OP bought, and go faster on them than anybody in this thread so far is capable of.

And that is not attributed to my ability, but rather that of the tires. I guarantee there a tons of people than can go even faster than I can, on those tires.

The tires are fine.

·
AKA Pee Wee Herman
6,092 Posts
With the exception of one or two posters in this thread so far whom I dont "know" I can almost guarantee I can take the tires the OP bought, and go faster on them than anybody in this thread so far is capable of.

And that is not attributed to my ability, but rather that of the tires. I guarantee there a tons of people than can go even faster than I can, on those tires.

The tires are fine.
Bring them to NJMP, you get one lap, Ill take that challenge.

Ill even put them on warmers so you dont need a warm up lap.

·
AKA Pee Wee Herman
6,092 Posts
You can't store tires forever, they degrade slowly even if they aren't used and stored in a cool place. I had experience with almost 3 y.o. metz m3 and I didn't like them (they were too hard, grip was awful).
I bet that was more the compound of the tire, combined with the rider more than the fact they were 3 years old.

I should go get the dates off all my old shredded tires.

·
Premium Member
117,182 Posts
Bring them to NJMP, you get one lap, Ill take that challenge.

Ill even put them on warmers so you dont need a warm up lap.

do I get to learn teh track first? Or one lap, on warmers, just based off video I have seen :shifty

and do you get the first try at the tires, or do I?

or did you mean me on those tires, you on race tires :shifty

·
Registered
877 Posts
Yeah I know exactly what you are talking about. The box my scorpion exo1000 helmet came in had a scuff mark on it and I was like wtf.

But seriously those tires probably sat in a warehouse overseas for a year and a half and as far as your helmet goes I'm pretty sure they didn't send you a used helmet somebody returned but if they did I guarantee they didn't do it on purpose. Everything I've gotten from them came in perfect new condition so give Jason a call and stop posting bullshit feed back they don't deserve.

And yes their YouTube how to videos fucking rock. What other company out there posts awesome how to and product review videos.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
117,182 Posts
:blink.... you were :wtf about the BOX? :lmao

People are :wacko

It is ok, I get stuff from sponsors thanks to crazy fucks like you all. I have gotten all sorts of products because people simply opened them and they could not sell them because freaks like you all will call it "used", and also for ones where the package got some sunlight on the shelf and discolored so now it is "old" even though the product inside is perfectly new :lmao

Or even better, a part with a mark on it in a spot that is completely not visible or even a wear area :lmao... like a rotor with a TINY mark inside on the mounting face, or a lever with a mark where it fits into the perch

Keep being weirdos. It helps me :D

·
AKA Pee Wee Herman
6,092 Posts
do I get to learn teh track first? Or one lap, on warmers, just based off video I have seen :shifty

and do you get the first try at the tires, or do I?

or did you mean me on those tires, you on race tires :shifty

No learning the track.

And yes me on my bike on GPAs, you on 3 year old Metzelers, or the OPs 2 year old pures. :shifty

1 - 20 of 30 Posts