Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have tried to do a search on spools in all the forums, but I can t get a clear idea, on how does it fit, especially on my banana swing arm;

Do I just drill & tap, and install the spools???

Not too keen on drilling stuff like swing arms and frames...

Please enlighten me, as I am about to retrofit my stupid ¨L¨ bracket rear stand into a spool type...

Winter is almost here, and would like to use my stand...

Fred

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Man, The banana swing arm is the ugly duckling of the W/C , but I like that...
It makes my 93 , a 93...

And also, that thing has a lot of elbow grease (polished all around...),all new bearings, and correct one piece linkage/dogbones for my 05-1000 rear shock conversion, without mods...
(unlike 94-95s, that have detachable links/ dogbones)
Would hate to throw all that away...

Any other suggestions?

Auto part Automotive exterior

Auto part

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Thanx guys, for your offer, but I will calculate thickness of flat stock for shear/moment strength with the proper thread for the spools, add 150%, & then have those welded on to the swing arm... Oahh shit, chain comes off again...

Do not feel like drilliing & tapping through the swing arm...

Fred

·
Registered
232 Posts
My '93 swingarm has the lugs already there.....i've got spools on mine.

·
Has been Texan longer than the cheerleader
26,430 Posts
fredybender said:
Thanx guys, for your offer, but I will calculate thickness of flat stock for shear/moment strength with the proper thread for the spools, add 150%, & then have those welded on to the swing arm... Oahh shit, chain comes off again...

Do not feel like drilliing & tapping through the swing arm...

Fred
Don't forget to add the rider weight........:p Also calculate it with an 8mm bolt otherwise you will never find spools to fit!;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.