Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I am in the process of replacing the upper half (cylinders) of a track 07 750. I have already removed all the internal and external bolts that are keeping the cases together and I am able to separate them... a bit. There is one single spot, thought, that I is locking it and won't let me separate more than about 1mm there. Pics below:

As you can see, I did not remove the clutch basket/assembly. Do I have to? Or do you think there is some other internal part that is preventing me from fully separating the cases?

All help and advise will be greatly appreciated.

- Ofir

·
You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to
7,783 Posts
The halves are aligned by three pins. Perhaps things are sticking at one of them.

But I wonder if you know what you're doing. The halves are a matched set that splits along the crankshaft bearings, possibly the most critical alignment on the engine. That's why they're not sold separately. IMO, replacing one half sounds like you're playing with fire unless you're a hell of a machinist.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Never mind, it looks like the shift shaft (attached to the upper case) is holding the gearshift cam plate (attached to the lower case). I guess I do need to remove the clutch basket after all.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The halves are aligned by three pins. Perhaps things are sticking at one of them.

But I wonder if you know what you're doing. The halves are a matched set that splits along the crankshaft bearings, possibly the most critical alignment on the engine. That's why they're not sold separately. IMO, replacing one half sounds like you're playing with fire unless you're a hell of a machinist.
Thanks for the input. I have two full sets of matching cases so I can use one of them if needed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts