Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installing Spiegler stainless steel brake lines on my GSX-R750. This is the alternate routing with both lines going directly from caliper to master cylinder.

Is this the correct run for the left caliper?

The right caliper seems to want to run in front of the fork leg. It doesn’t seem proper that one would be forward and one back.

·
Premium Member
598 Posts
I found that with speigler lines it helps sometimes to attach the banjo fitting and then turn the line to make it do what you want it to do. Its hard to tell from the picture what you are talking about... where did you get the lines.

·
Hand-Eye Coordinator
6,509 Posts
Like tater said, if it doesn't interfere with stuff, it should be good. After a while, I would look again for wear patterns or damage from the line smacking the fender under use to see if a couple zap straps might tidy it up a bit.

·
Premium Member
598 Posts
I bet that the right fork leg goes exactly the same as the stock location was. Thats how my 2017 rear line was even though it did not seem like the most logical way to do it.

·
Premium Member
58 Posts
I see that your rubber cross over line is still attached to your fender.

All you need is a couple more double-length banjo bolts, bolt the old lines right on top of the new lines and you will be the first on the block with a 4-line front brake system.

Yup, your set up looks just like my Spiegler set up on my 2011 750. The dry rotted front fender cross over line mount broke so I simply zipped tie the left side a bit higher up by the tree. Feels great. I think I like it better than the Galfers.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I emailed Spiegler over the weekend and they got back to me first thing this morning.

Here is what their tech support sent.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I see that your rubber cross over line is still attached to your fender.

All you need is a couple more double-length banjo bolts, bolt the old lines right on top of the new lines and you will be the first on the block with a 4-line front brake system.///.
Keep the day job.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Not quite sure which side of the fence is lacking the sense of humor - the 4 line thing was a joke. Not as funny if you have to explain it, I guess.
Hey, you tried! I give you an A for effort. Good luck in your accounting career!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts