Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
speedometer?

my speedometer dosen't work ,i checked the speedo cable it looks fine,i try to turn one side of the cable evreything seems to be working but speedometer dosen't??? any ideas?
thank you
-glex

·
Registered
17,099 Posts
Re: speedometer?

has it ever worked before? it could be that the slotted part of the cable end isn't engaging the gear at either the gearbox on the front axle, or up in the instrument cluster. i had this problem before, but it was my fault for not making sure the cable completely engaged the gears when i reinstalled it.

·
Registered
48 Posts

If all else fails you can fit a cycle speedometer for about $30 (Little more than a replacement cable). About 3 hours work if you need to make brackets and the advantage is that you now have:
TIME
AVERAGE SPEED
MAX SPEED
ODO
TRIP
at least......even on the most basic models.
If you calibrate it properly, it will be far more accurate than the stock speedo.

[ 01-23-2002: Message edited by: Mechanic ]</p>

·
Registered
389 Posts

I have some speedo parts from a crashed gixxer and the speedo case got road rashed. If you need the parts let me know and I'll ship um.

Pete

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.