1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
15,031 Posts
haha nope didn't know that

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Cny, since the speedo doesnt read accurately, you were only really going 3.25mph.. not 4 as you stated..

lol

just messin' with you, i found that out once backing out of a driveway.. got it up to a nice 6mph.

·
Premium Member
3,847 Posts
I say we start a competition... top speed in reverse gets...

a bitchslap!

CNY - The speed sensor's just a magnetic trigger.. it doesn't care what direction you're going in. It just pulses X number of times for each rotation of the output shaft

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It's just one of those things I noticed while backing up out of the garage. Only did it once. Never heard anyone mention it so thought I'd post it for a little tidbit.. Feel free to call me a squid because I didn't know that. Not trying to start a reverse war, just saying what it read. Man you guys can turn a piece of gold into a pile of shit real quick.

On another note.....my buddy just bought a 05 1000. We swapped the other day for a little while and the gear indicator is a nice deal. Anyone else ride the new 1000 and like this? Wish my 04 750 had one, stock. I'd rather have that than the ridiculous shift light.

·
Mightiest Sorcerer of the Lands a.k.a. Rhinocerous
22,048 Posts
I say we have a race, downhill, rolling in reverse.
A foot down, or more is a DQ.
Maybe an 1/8th mile? You think you can hang?

Oh, and you have to use your mirrors, no looking over your shoulder.

Oh, and for the record, I've known this for about 20,000 miles now

·
22,048 Posts
I'll be impressed when your miles match your posts. Ever watch that show Numbers? It's you to the "T". See, I only have 3,000+ on my bike. Did 28,000 on the last one tho......
I'll have almost twice as many miles on my bike as I have posts on here in a couple days.
I put more miles on my 01 600 than I have posts on here as well.
What's your point?

·
22,048 Posts
Don't have one.........other than you seem to like numbers.
Um, I suppose so. I mean, I don't dislike them.
Although I'm not getting anything in my searches for this show you're talking about.

·
22,048 Posts
Hey....I got you to search. I'm just killing time at work, has nothing to do with you and your numbers.
I hate you.

·
Premium Member
3,847 Posts
It's just one of those things I noticed while backing up out of the garage. Only did it once. Never heard anyone mention it so thought I'd post it for a little tidbit.. Feel free to call me a squid because I didn't know that. Not trying to start a reverse war, just saying what it read. Man you guys can turn a piece of gold into a pile of shit real quick.
I think you took my comments the wrong way - I wasn't being an ass. I thought it was a legitimate question. That's why I answered it. The
wasn't for you.

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I think you took my comments the wrong way - I wasn't being an ass. I thought it was a legitimate question. That's why I answered it. The
wasn't for you.
Yeah I know, I was directing some ofmy response to Bogdan45 or whatever his uername is............I think he likes the Squid Graemlin because it resembles a penis........

1 - 18 of 18 Posts