Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my speedometer up and running (new drive on the hub and greased the drive behind the guage). It works great. But for some reason, yesterday, at around 80mph, it bugged out a little bit. The needle started to bounce and quiver, varying about 1000 rpms. I stared at it for about 5 seconds, and then it stopped. Since this happed, I've gone this same speed and faster, but can't reproduce the problem. The guage insists on working beautifully now. Any thoughts on this?

·
Registered
47 Posts
If it ain broke....., my speedo stopped working all together, took it apart, cleaned everything and nothing. A couple weeks later, bam, it came around, I was thinking I maybe put it in shock for a while. Take it to your limit and see what she does.
C'ya

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
My bandit has done this a couple of times. About 80mph and suddenly you be going 120mph. These instruments are magnetic driven with very close tolerances . Any kind of dust particle or maybe even certain temperature conditions might cause it to go crazy for a few seconds. And like above post says "If it ain't broke, don't fix it"

·
Banned
661 Posts
Actually it's cable driven and a speedo does'nt show rpm's it's mph. Never had that problem so I can't help

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Your right Mr.gixxer. I meant to say that it varied about 10mph. I told you guys before--I'm partially retarded.

·
Registered
200 Posts
My speedo also freaks out only when doing long top speed runs. It will then read 100 when you are doing 30, but always fixes itself after a day or so.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts