Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently installed a PCV on a 2006 1000 and I am wondering if the speedo calibration can be done with the PCV instead of a speedo healer?
I haven't had time to really dig into the PCV features, but it seams like there was a speed calibration feature on it?

Currently, I have a USB device to power a cell phone for navigation and the PCV connected to the battery and I don't want to add more devices that draw on the battery.
When I was reading about the PCV I thought someone had to hack into the wires for the speedo, but mine was all plug and play.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Meh, I'll bet a speedohealer will draw less power than your phone
Think about it this way: you'll be sparing your R/R just a teensy bit more :)

·
You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to
7,561 Posts
The speedometer only involves the cluster and not the ECM, which is what the PCV connects to. Any speed correction involves hacking the cluster, which has never been done, or altering the signal from the sensor to the cluster, which is what the SpeedoHealer & SpeedoDRD do.

P.S. If you're worried about the electrical draw, switch your low beam to HID (35 W). That will save 20 W that you can use to power the cell phone or whatever.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
3 Participants
BillV
Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
A forum community dedicated to the Suzuki GSX-R motorcycle. Discuss the GSX-R600, GSX-R750, GSX-R1000, and GSX-R1100, and more!
Full Forum Listing