Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone here using speedbleeders? Do they work well/easy to use? If so what size would I need for my 86 gixxer 750? Thanks
-MrSlappyPants

·
Banned
3,509 Posts
I bought a complete set of the Russel Speedbleeders a couple of years ago...and couldn't get them to work.

After screwing around with them for a few hours it took me 15 minutes to bleed my brakes with the original nipples. Just give me an 8mm wrench, clear hose, a diet coke can and DOT fluid and I'm happy.

I still have them if you want them...cheap too.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Originally posted by Simon Orttan:
it took me 15 minutes to bleed my brakes with the original nipples. Just give me an 8mm wrench, clear hose, a diet coke can and DOT fluid and I'm happy.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">exactly. why complicate things?
I had clutch bleeding down to a science on my old 1100. I could do it myself in about 5 minutes.
this is also the reason I swapped to a cable.

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
Originally posted by Simon Orttan:
I bought a complete set of the Russel Speedbleeders a couple of years ago...and couldn't get them to work.

After screwing around with them for a few hours it took me 15 minutes to bleed my brakes with the original nipples. Just give me an 8mm wrench, clear hose, a diet coke can and DOT fluid and I'm happy.

I still have them if you want them...cheap too.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Heretic!

Charlatan!

...I use a pepsi bottle.

·
YAAFM Mod
3,016 Posts
I got them to work. I still used my MightyVac. I don't know if they are any easier but they did work.
Bones

·
Registered
144 Posts
i just bought some from lockhart phillips, they do not fit!! i dont know if they sent me the wrong size or what. can anyone tell me the size of the bleeder, so i check and see if they sent the right ones. i looked at the micro and man, but they dont say the size. thx!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts