Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Seem to be uploading fine now was something to do with resizing of the photos was making them broken. These are the plugs i pulled out supposed to have been replaced by mechanic about 3 weeks ago they dont look brand new to me. Are they good enough to chuck back in or should i replace them.

Attachments

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea that what i thought they looked in pretty good nick but i was unsure how bad they normally look at the end of there service life

·
Registered
37 Posts
Looks like the wrong plugs to me, they should be Iridium or Platinum and they have a fine wire center electrode so they are NOT the factory recommended replacement.

The crush washer on them is not flat, did they even bother to torque those plugs up ?

Your also going to get much higher mileage out of the stock plugs and because swapping them is not a 5 minute job, your going to want them to be almost " Fit and forget".

I wouldn't be rushing back to that "Mechanic" in a hurry.

·
Registered
15 Posts
The insulators are normally browner than that if they've done much mileage. Washer doesn't look like it's been squashed either.

Sent from my HTC Desire 530 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
They are the same plugs as stated in the service manual ngk CR9E and yes your right the crush washer isnt crushed at all. I could of almost undone them by hand they were only just snugged up. I dont see anything in the service manual about plugs being iridium from factory.

·
Registered
37 Posts
They are the same plugs as stated in the service manual ngk CR9E and yes your right the crush washer isnt crushed at all. I could of almost undone them by hand they were only just snugged up. I dont see anything in the service manual about plugs being iridium from factory.
There are better options than a standard plug. NGK CR9EIA-9 or DENSO IU27D are factory for the 2018 models.

Basically with the RPM's of a bike the plugs are going to wear out twice as fast as even a sports car. You would fit a better plug and get 25,000km or more out of it. The faster rpms's are offset by generally much lower annual mileage on a bike. Fit the right plugs and you probably don't need to change them for 10 years.

Its not just the service life of the plug thats better, there are several other benefits if you research them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts