Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Iam still having this spark problem. When I check for spark up on the motor with the plug. I only get spark in wire four. Then I switch the harness wires that go into the coil and get spark from wire 1 3 4. what could this be? Does anyone have an electric layout for a 91 750

·
Registered
82 Posts
If you want help you are going to have to explain better what is going on with your bike. What you typed is rather odd and confusing.

What is the original problem with your bike? Stalls, cuts out, wont start, what?

Start from the beginning with as much info as you can give us and then hopefully we can help.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok when I first got the bike I was getting no spark. I then bought used cdi and coils. When I installed them the bike started but rev kind of boggy. I never drove it. I tried starting it again a couple of days later and nothing. I then pulled each coil wire of the plug to check for spark up against the motor and nothing. I only got a good spark from wire 4

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
The high-tension wires and spark-plug boots would be my prime suspects. The boots themselves have a resistor built into them and there's a spring and a little spacer in there and they get corroded sometimes. Also, the wires will tend to wiggle loose out of the coils unless you've got the original plastic clips that hold them in there. All of those connections need to be inspected/assembled with great care, or they're gonna give you problems. I've also heard that the wires *must* be copper-core and not the "supression-wire" stuff like they sell in the auto-parts stores. I had one of my ignition coils fail; it was within spec (barely) for the resistance values in the book, but it kept "eating" the copper core out of the wires. I replaced that coil and no more trouble.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Do you have to use the stock style plug boots? I just got a pair of Dyna green coils but with no wires. I'm in the middle of making a set of wires from car style ones with there own style of plug boot. Just wanted to know if I should start over?

·
Registered
360 Posts
I have the yellow accell 8.8 with green dyna coils no problems but you will need to use the screw on tops on the plugs.The cut to fit ones is what I used.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts