Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Model #, best (cheapest) place to buy and please dont tell me the iridium ones i spent 40 bucks on them at the begining of the summer and they are already fowled

·
Registered
104 Posts
Take one of your spark plugs up to Discount Auto or Autozone, or your nearest auto parts store, and they'll cross-reference it. Bought the spark plugs for mine, and spent a lil over $4.

--
Corey

[ 11-01-2002, 11:06 AM: Message edited by: CoreyAtWork ]

·
Registered
5,571 Posts
i run NGK plugs.. there changed every 6000-8000km's. never had any probs with these plugs.. i just cant remember the model off hand, there dual tip'd.. i had a friend run some of those platinum plugs and his gixxer ran like crap, ut the orginal plugs back in and they were fine..

·
Registered
295 Posts
i would run NGK and use the stock ones. But i think i heard that you can also use the k model ex: cr9ek and that they work pretty well they are dual prong, i will probably try them when i finish of my pack.

i found a deal on the net for ngk plugs and bosch plugs too, along with wire sets, you gotta buy a box of 10 but they are hella cheaper, the stealership charges like 6.50 and i think mine came out to 2 somthing a plug in the box of ten.

although then your stuck with 2 extra, so you can by another box or just buy two at the dealer.

www.clubplug.net check out for good prices.

·
Registered
16,168 Posts
Originally posted by Drizzt:
i run NGK plugs.. there changed every 6000-8000km's. never had any probs with these plugs.. i just cant remember the model off hand, there dual tip'd.. i had a friend run some of those platinum plugs and his gixxer ran like crap, ut the orginal plugs back in and they were fine..
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Ditto....

·
Registered
17,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys for the input
Stay away from Iridium they blow ass

·
Premium Member
10,263 Posts
CR9EK if you live in the cold.. If you live in the heat (90* in the summer) run the CR10EK. Keep in mind that the 10 will foul faster if your jetting is off..

If you are fouling plug fast you might want to look for a problem someplace.. Jetting to rich, bad spark.. So on and so on..

I pay about 20 bucks a set from my dealer for the CR10EKs...

John

·
Registered
5,804 Posts
Originally posted by SRADman:
Thanks guys for the input
Stay away from Iridium they blow ass
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">thx for the heads up
dude what happened to your sig?? it was cool

·
Registered
179 Posts
it sounds like you need to rejet your bike before you put in new spark plugs. I never have changed my plugs. No fowling either. Your bike sounds like it is running rich, lean it out and get some more HP out of that thing. Then you will have to chang tires every 2000 miles. HEHE

·
Registered
330 Posts
Originally posted by Drizzt:
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Drizzt knows whats up. go with ngk, i run stock (CR9E i THINK?) and my bike runs great... cost me less than $4/plug at the suzuki dealership here... cant go wrong with that.

just remember that the biggest thing with plugs working good and not working good is, how well they are gapped. if a plug is not gapped to spec, then it isn't going to provide an optimal spark for your engine.

Tyler

1 - 11 of 11 Posts