Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
You don’t have to buy every size spark plug socket. Just use a standard deep socket to break the plug loose then get a 4" piece of old fuel hose, shove the hose over the end of the plug and turn it out. It works just as well for installation..

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Good point,try finding that piece of vacuum hose at the track in between practice rounds when you want to take a plug reading for jetting! I know where my Snappy socket is. My .02

·
Registered
135 Posts
You don’t have to buy every size spark plug socket. Just use a standard deep socket to break the plug loose then get a 4" piece of old fuel hose, shove the hose over the end of the plug and turn it out. It works just as well for installation..
Your not buying every size. I think most of us already have a 5/8 and 13/16 plug socket. The 18mm is just one more.

·
Registered
147 Posts
That’s fine, my point was you don’t need any specific sockets. I just keep a couple of 4" pieces of fuel hose in my tool boxes and I always have what I need. Some people work on more than just there own bikes, this is a race car trick, it’s pretty help full on a hot motor as well..
Just trying to help here, that's all...

p.s. there are more than 3 sizes of spark plugs..

·
Registered
135 Posts
Didn't say there were only three sizes. I said "most people already have 5/8 and 13/16 sockets". Because those are the MOST common sizes. The hose trick is good on cars, when a plug is hard to get to, which isn't the case on any motorcycle that I know of.

·
Premium Member
3,306 Posts
The hose trick does sound like a good idea for installing especially. Spinning it in with the hose and not using the ratchet and socket, will make sure that you don't cross thread it. Also, I always use a tiny smear of anti-sieze to prevent the galling of the threads. Troy341

·
Registered
135 Posts
Whatever, try a triumph middle hole..
This is gixxer.com. Not triumph.com, or cars.com. The original post was about where the guy could get a spark plug socket for his SUZUKI. Not how to change plugs without buying one.

·
Registered
147 Posts
This is gixxer.com. Not triumph.com, or cars.com. The original post was about where the guy could get a spark plug socket for his SUZUKI. Not how to change plugs without buying one.
Oh my god, you’re an ass... I gave a suggestion on how to remove the plugs without buying a new tool. The fuel hose trick is as common method used by professional mechanics of all types. Most people who work on there stuff work on more than one type of bike! The purpose of a forum is to provide help and advise to those that need it.

By the way, anti seize is a good idea on all spark plugs..

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
Oh my god, you’re an ass...
Come on lets keep our opinions about the official gixxer.com
ASE in our heads pleeeeeeeaseeeee!

·
Registered
135 Posts
Don't worry flaco, I've had guys ALOT SMARTER then him call me alot worse. Doesn't bother me a bit. Name calling is often a last resort for the mentally challenged. And by the way its spelled their stuff, not there stuff.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Hmm, I guess where you come from (alot) is a word. Better learn to proof read your own typing before you criticize others. It's two words --- a lot.

What the hell is your problem?

·
Registered
4,896 Posts
Hmm, I guess where you come from (alot) is a word. Better learn to proof read your own typing before you criticize others. It's two words --- a lot.

What the hell is your problem?
dude your barking up the wrong tree.!.... your teasing the gorilla in the monkey house.! BTW alot is one word
not a lot
and also I been waitin to use this.

·
Registered
4,896 Posts
I'm sure Blue has removed the plug by now. anyway.LMAO
I always just unscrew the plug and use the plug wire to grab the top of the plug and pull it out...YES...INGENIUS!!!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts