Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this is my last question... how do you take out the spark plugs... either my sockets are too big or too small... what is the right size socket? is it special?

what are some of yalls favorite spark plug? what heat range?

·
Registered
343 Posts
I use the spark plug removal tool that came with the tool kit--with the bike. I never have used a socket. I also use the stock NGK plug for my gixxer when replacing them. Not sure of the heat, but run a hot plug if that helps.

Chuckie

·
Registered
17,099 Posts
you need a 5/8" or 16mm socket for the spark plugs.

for a few bucks you can pick up the right size spark plug socket from sears......it has rubber on the inside so that the socket doesn't damage the ceramic, and it 'grips' the spark plug for easy removal and installation.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Originally posted by jeff:
you need a 5/8" or 16mm socket for the spark plugs.

for a few bucks you can pick up the right size spark plug socket from sears......it has rubber on the inside so that the socket doesn't damage the ceramic, and it 'grips' the spark plug for easy removal and installation.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">And this is why we call Jeff "The Resident Guru."
Take his word, we all have at one time or another!! And get the rubber insert thingie, comes in handy!
chuckie

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
Ive got a spare sparki-socket here

Either NGK CR9E or DEnso U27ESR-N will be fine

Ive used both with no noticeable diff b\t them

0.7-0.8mm gap

KaTz

[ 09-01-2002, 01:17 AM: Message edited by: KaTz ]

·
Registered
781 Posts
I use CR9E, never had anyproblems with the. I have decided to change spark plugs in every service with the money I save using the K&N filter. Will change oil every 2000 miles and oil/oil filter in every service. As the bike has completed 11,000 miles, I think it needs more love and care now.

·
Premium Member
10,263 Posts
Try a CR9EK they give you a better burn...

John

·
Premium Member
10,263 Posts
Yea it has two grounds... You would gap each side just like a normal plug..

John

1 - 10 of 10 Posts