Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have recently serviced my L1 and changed the spark plugs NGK CR9EIA-9 and the engine was running fine prior to change but now it has a flat spot and on idle the needle is jumping any ideas?:shifty

At low revs its like bogging down and then picks up as soon as the revs go up, I have got a power commander fitted

·
You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to
7,716 Posts
Make sure the coils are properly seated on the plugs. Off hand, it sounds like you didn't get all the hoses back where they belong.

·
Registered
134 Posts
If everything else checks out, change all the plugs again! Unless you are able to locate a bad one by trial and error. Those Iridiums are sensitive little Fockers! If one was dropped, forget it. I've had trouble with 'em on 2 bikes already...

·
Banned
3,858 Posts
Following on from nightrain I came across an interesting post a couple of days ago where it appears a couple of other forum members experienced problems with Iridium spark plugs.

Read post #22 which also contains a quote to an earlier post where someone experienced the same issue.

http://www.gixxer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=272785&page=2

I had a very similar issue a few days ago after really giving my 750 some juice for a few minutes. Started experiencing hesitation, poor throttle response and power. Limped the bike back home. Took it for a ride the next day and everything seemed to be fine again.

However, no one reported a jumping tacho needle so maybe it's not the same issue. Just worth noting in case someone ends up chasing their tail and doesn't consider the spark plugs.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Had similar issue. Chased around everything only to find the plugs that had low mileage and looked brand new were bad. Had surging idle, poor response etc.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts