Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello i am trying to tune my bike on dyno , i have GSXR 1000 L4 , commander 5, ignition module , full taylormade exhauet , BMC air filter,

Now i tested on OEM CR9EIA spark plug on dyno tuning and from changing timings on ignition does nothing, i used colder sparks CR10EIX and i recived from ignition 8HP , i have question is it better to use CR10EIX. Or CR10 EIA ,?

·
Rectum Rupticus
9,918 Posts
Sorry you lost me at Taylormade . Wasted Money. Maybe E3 spark plugs will help.

·
Captain Obvious ... because obviously it’s obvious
3,860 Posts
You did not make 8hp more on a plug swap. The only reason you'd get 8hp more from a plug swap is if your originals were fucked, or if you have a highly modified bike with the completely-wrong heat range, or you're extinguishing spark.

·
Hand-Eye Coordinator
6,529 Posts
Wait...changing ignition timing does nothing for you? Are you sure?

I am going to go out on a limb (no, not really) and say that whatever plug that you use won't matter that much. Nailing down plug numbers involves way more engine work than you are even remotely doing.

As far as "EIX" or "EIA," how often are you gonna change the plugs, anyway? Anyone who does 5 or 10k a year and changes the plugs every season is throwing money away, let alone paying double the price for the Iridium.

Unless you are going nuts with engine mods, Iridium plugs simply last longer and offer no performance gain... and regular plugs last longer than most people use them for, anyway.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts