Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I went out on a long ride on the ol' beast 1100 and ran over some asshole's Rolling Rock bottle and blew a tire. After dusting my exposed bones off from the fall and tying an emergency tourniquet around my "D", I set to work trying to change the tire so i could get home. I popped it off fairly well, but when I went to put the spare on, I couldn't find it!!!! Someone please tell me where the spare tire location on a '87 GSX-R 1100 is, so I can get home...

-phreak

P.S. What's the proper rotation sequence?

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
Dood, you're not for real, right ???

[Regarding this and your other post about SAE air]

U're not using any smilies, so i cant be sure of sarcasm.

If you're serious, what are u on ?
And, can i have some ???

I shouldnt be encouraging u.

KaTz

·
Farm OG
2,801 Posts
The spare tire is something that doesnt come with the bike, you have to order it from MAW. It comes in at pocket size. It is just like those trinkets for kids; you soak it in water over night and it becomes lifesize.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
on the '97 600 its kept under the seat .. you have to get it out and pull the rip-cord and it inflates right there in front of you ....
just like an emergency dingy

easy

·
Sexy Irish Man God
20,879 Posts
Don't listen to Hotrod he is clueless.

Just look under your tail. Ram a pole in the rear end and start turning. It is just like a pick up truck, after rurning that pole it will lower down.

Geesh amatures I tell ya

jontflesh

·
Registered
46 Posts
I took my spare off so I can save some weight.

·
Registered
16,168 Posts
Hmm..guess you guys ain't keepin up with the times..Sharper Image..has new solar powered spares, they are bout the size of a chewin tobacy can..set it in the sun, or under a strong light for 2 mins. and presto!!.. oh..I forgot, they come in 3 sizes also, so get the one that fits yur bike..cost is pretty cheap, only 89.95..

·
Registered
14,162 Posts
Amatures I tells ya!

Look around yer waist bro

You had it with you all the time

·
Registered
16,168 Posts
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Shadow One:
Amatures I tells ya!

<hr></blockquote>

Not me..I'm lean, mean and a lovin machine..

At 6'2" and 170lbs...NOT..

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Shadow One:
Amatures I tells ya!

<hr></blockquote>
thats tooooo big for my bike

·
Registered
2,866 Posts
What? You don't have those special 'James Bond' edition tires that auto inflate after they bust? Maybe that was installed on the 2k model...

·
Registered
14,162 Posts
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by gsxrster:

thats tooooo big for my bike
<hr></blockquote>

Thats ok...just let some of the air out so you can use till you get home

·
Registered
14,162 Posts
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by FastCat:
Well, HELL... it's only flat on the bottom, right? just flip that puppy around and use the part that's not flat.<hr></blockquote>

Damn, I didnt think of that.
Oooor, you can just swap the fron and back tire and just ride a whelie al the way home

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Amatures I tells ya!

<hr></blockquote>

Ermm dude I'm 6'3" and only 142 lbs...no spare tire there, man...

-phreak

·
Registered
14,162 Posts
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by phreakintheroom:

Ermm dude I'm 6'3" and only 142 lbs...no spare tire there, man...

-phreak
<hr></blockquote>

I guess your fucked then

1 - 17 of 17 Posts