Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Ex-Lady Supermod
16,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there no way to completely remove spam posts? I know they get deleted but they still show and take room away from threads that are forced off the first page even if they are still active. For example, right now general is almost nothing but deleted spam posts. I know on GSXR.com when a post is deleted, there is no trace of it at all.

Just curious.

·
Premium Member
117,182 Posts
There is a setting that needs to be clicked, or they can be moved.

We had to stop "hard deletes" mostly to keep evidence. Only VS I think has hard delete options now. I think we can make it where a redirect is not seen

We do need to figure out why there is a HUGE influx of these link dump spammers lately though :gaah

·
Premium Member
117,182 Posts
Also, keep in mind that when we ban spammers, it deletes ALL of the threads and posts from that spammer. So the staff member may not even know where they all were to be able to move or remove the redirect links

·
Premium Member
291 Posts
There is a setting that needs to be clicked, or they can be moved.

We had to stop "hard deletes" mostly to keep evidence. Only VS I think has hard delete options now. I think we can make it where a redirect is not seen

We do need to figure out why there is a HUGE influx of these link dump spammers lately though :gaah
I thought as an admin you were VS?

·
Premium Member
117,182 Posts
I thought as an admin you were VS?
You thought wrong.

Njracer and I are normal members with admin powers. The only vs person here is user named admin.

·
Hates the French..especially Le Skid
4,223 Posts
You can't stop spam, it is an unfortunate part of being a very successful site.

·
Ex-Lady Supermod
16,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
120 second rule

Would anyone like to try and get VS to change the 120 second rule between reporting spammers? It's tedious when the spammers start their attacks but you have to wait 2 minutes till you can report the next one.

·
Unstable SuperMod
21,904 Posts
whats VS like a supreme dictator?
VS owns "Motorcycle.com" which owns many of the Bike forums, plus forums from many other interest groups.

·
Not the powers that be, not even close.
23,092 Posts
Re: 120 second rule

Would anyone like to try and get VS to change the 120 second rule between reporting spammers? It's tedious when the spammers start their attacks but you have to wait 2 minutes till you can report the next one.
How about so many reports automatically deletes a topic? 3 report posts deletes it?

·
Unstable SuperMod
21,904 Posts

How about so many reports automatically deletes a topic? 3 report posts deletes it?

You would have people who are pissed off over something create a new accounts and delete what ever they want.

If you report a post then we Kill off all the posts from that person, so you don't really need to report all of them. That way you don't have to worry about the 2 min rule.

·
Ex-Lady Supermod
16,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

You would have people who are pissed off over something create a new accounts and delete what ever they want.

If you report a post then we Kill off all the posts from that person, so you don't really need to report all of them. That way you don't have to worry about the 2 min rule.
Oh, I only report each spammer once but late at night there are multiple spammers posting. Last night I reported at least 3 separate spammers so yeah, slow night :p

·
I move away from the mic
6,548 Posts

Oh, I only report each spammer once but late at night there are multiple spammers posting. Last night I reported at least 3 separate spammers so yeah, slow night :p
How do you report spammers? I looked at all the "Thread Tools" and did not see anything? :dunno

I use this guy
when I come across some of the spammer threads.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts