Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any other South Africans in this forum?

Axel Stein

·
Registered
3,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dumelang.
Where in the RSA do you live? I used to live in Edenvale near Joburg.

·
Registered
3,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thats got to be The Cape flats?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Live and work in Edenvale (self employed). Looking to leave though, maybe towards end of year or next year, wanna be a kiwi. Cant take the crap around here any more, and I'm not just talking about the METRO POESEs, (wonder who'll understand that one). Used to be a great country, now slowly dying of AIDS. OOps----better watch out before I'm labeled a right wing racist.Our money,education,government and RUGBY teams are worth shit , what's left?????

·
Registered
3,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I moved to SA with my folks when I was 5 years old and stayed there until I was 30. 5 years ago I had had enough of the crime and decided that it was better for my kids to grow up in Germany but I still miss "die ou Transvaal"

·
Registered
3,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I was very well know in Edenvale in the 80's Depending on your age you may even remember some nut who used to ride a baby blue Katana 1000.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I'm 40, but only been in Edenvale the last10 years.
Was out of biking for a long time, last bike before my gixxer was a Honda 1100RC. Crime much worse now than 5 years ago, and if you consider(as I do)ignorance and stupidity a crime, then I have to say that I am living in the crime capital of the world.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Kiwi , cool , my sister has just become one.
Me , I like this place, Metro have never bugged me , but I like to keep it on track.

Going to watch the bikes at Kyalami tommorow?

·
Registered
3,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Tell me about it. About 6 years ago my sisters mother in law at the age of 63 was shot and killed for a 1981 Peugot 504 in Isando. That was the last straw for me. Germany can realy get up my nose some times but I can tell you that crime is virtually 0 in my town. SA is still better for bikes.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Originally posted by TheHun:
if you consider(as I do)ignorance and stupidity a crime,
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">True, but thats everywhere, Done my fair share of business travel and found this just about everywhere.

·
Registered
3,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Did the Eastern Transvaal trip at least once a year but the alps around here are almost as good and only about 100 clicks away.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts