Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
dude you guys i have finally figured out how to hook up a sound system to my bike~!!! i'm gonna cut out the mud flap and shove an 8 inch sub in there and screw a little amp to it and then coat it in rubber so it stays clean.. then i'm buying an xm radio thingy and hooking up a couple of tweeters to my wind shield so i get somes highs and bing bang boom! you got yourself a system the only problem is, is do you think the back tire will hit the speaker box and pop the tire?! or should i just add a dab of blicker fuid to plug any punctures? oh and at the same time i was thinking about getting an air bag suspension for my bike so i could drop my bike down to the ground for better handling and cool looks..oh yeah i was also thinking of getting a minature bong and duct taping it to my gas tank and having an extra spark plug attached to the bowl so it could light the bud for me so i don't have to take my hands off the handle bars! ohhh i'm gonna hot box my helmet!!!

·
Registered
406 Posts
WAY WAY WAY AHEAD of you i did one better instead of building a box i used whats already there. the cargo area (under the rear seat) is perfect
for a 8"sub in a 16th order bandpass subbox set up (ISO BARIC of course) and as far as all the open venting in the crago area i just used some jb weld too seal it up nice. the best part of this install is when im riding with my wife on the back she gets the most intense orgasms
now she wants to go out for a ride ever 10 mins. then i mounted the tweeters in my helmut. couldnt hear them when they were on the dash. esp riding so damn close to the "SOUND BARRIER"

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
you guys are weak.
i put 2 15" subs on the back of my bike and they also double up as saddle bags. i replaced my mirrors with 4" separates i got a 15 band eq mounted in the cargo area in the trunk and a 1000 watt 4 channel amp mounted where the airbox used to be.
that air box was a waste of space so i had to toss it.

[ 01-12-2003, 03:01 AM: Message edited by: WDP327 ]

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
Originally posted by peg_grinder:
.oh yeah i was also thinking of getting a minature bong and duct taping it to my gas tank and having an extra spark plug attached to the bowl so it could light the bud for me so i don't have to take my hands off the handle bars! ohhh i'm gonna hot box my helmet!!!
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">
I haven't laughed so hard for a while. I love this Forum.

·
Registered
7,539 Posts
I was using a pretty elaborate sound system to simulate a sound of an Akra before I bought one, now I got it I have done away with the system, the live stuff sounds so much better than recorded sounds.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Shit!! just completed the sound Mod using ideas as posted above. But the deck I used is backlit green andlooks stupid next to the orange instrument cluster.
does anyone know of a green to orange mod?

·
Registered
406 Posts
they sell condoms for the leds that will change the color. if you dont get the correct genetic make up of the leds can be damaged. you will have to type and cross match the color of you instument cluster to get the correct color condom on the radio

·
Registered
6 Posts
Originally posted by peg_grinder:
dude you guys i have finally figured out how to hook up a sound system to my bike~!!! i'm gonna cut out the mud flap and shove an 8 inch sub in there and screw a little amp to it and then coat it in rubber so it stays clean.. then i'm buying an xm radio thingy and hooking up a couple of tweeters to my wind shield so i get somes highs and bing bang boom! you got yourself a system the only problem is, is do you think the back tire will hit the speaker box and pop the tire?! or should i just add a dab of blicker fuid to plug any punctures? oh and at the same time i was thinking about getting an air bag suspension for my bike so i could drop my bike down to the ground for better handling and cool looks..oh yeah i was also thinking of getting a minature bong and duct taping it to my gas tank and having an extra spark plug attached to the bowl so it could light the bud for me so i don't have to take my hands off the handle bars! ohhh i'm gonna hot box my helmet!!!
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">

1 - 8 of 8 Posts