Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
i must admit... this bike looks good, except for the highway-pegs, which look like a crash cage, it's very cool. have you thought about removing them to get more ground clearance? I'm also wondering if it's possible to replace this floor boards with footpegs, maybe they even sell rearsets for the HD?

·
Premium Member
24,541 Posts
Looks like shit , hope you run into a wall with it .
Pro-tip: if you are pissed at K3gixx argue with him in your original thread&keep it in there. If you continue to bump his threads youre gonna aggravate me:nono

·
Confuses vag for cock... That would be "cock" as i
2,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
you go from riding a gixxer, to looking at a vmax, then a duck, now a harley

you sir, have some serious decisiveness issues

I used to be really indecisive but now, I'm not so sure about that anymore :lol

Life has been like a merry-go-round when it comes to bikes lately. I have had a hard time deciding what kind of bike(s) I really needed. I kept buying what I wanted not what I needed. The other issue was that my previous bikes were great on the test rides, but after owning them and taking them out for their first 100 mile+ ride, the quirks and discomfort would come out, and I would see the true nature of the bike. This time around, I went for LONG test rides, no less than 45 minutes, so that I knew what I was getting into.

I have gotten to the point that joyrides, and riding to work isn't enough. I truly, in every way, HATE driving a car now, and want to spend all of my time on a bike. Before I hit that stage, my previous bikes were fine. But now due to my constant desire to ride, I need storage. I don't want to think "well, I'm going here, here and here... and will need to buy things and bring them home... shit, better drive the car", so I needed saddlebags. Nothing good out there for the Vic that looked or worked right, nonexistent for the Diavel (except the Ducati small soft sided bags that are almost useless), so a bagger was my "need". I was tired of keeping the bike in the garage half the Summer due to our heavy rainy season, so now I can ride whenever, and keep rain gear stowed in the bags if I need them. And I needed COMFORT. Just took a little 620 mile trip in one day, and could never have done that on my previous bikes without pain and parts of my body going numb. The Road Glide felt GREAT on that ride and I can't wait to do it again!!!

It's taken a while and a lot of money to find what suits my needs, and now that I have... she isn't going anywhere. The mods have already begun too :punk

Looks like shit , hope you run into a wall with it .
:lmao

Luckily I won't lose sleep over your opinion.

Besides, this bike weighs well over 800lbs, it will likely win the battle against most walls.

i must admit... this bike looks good, except for the highway-pegs, which look like a crash cage, it's very cool. have you thought about removing them to get more ground clearance? I'm also wondering if it's possible to replace this floor boards with footpegs, maybe they even sell rearsets for the HD?
Thanks!

I selected these particular pegs (mini boards actually) because of the way that they mount works. They adjust in several positions, and I was able to mount them very high on the engine guard, and angle them where I needed them, so that I get plenty of clearance. My floorboards scrape before these do. I needed a bike that I could stretch out on for long rides, and that's why I added these to the bike the day I picked her up.

I needed a bike with floorboards so I can have multiple foot positions for long rides. If you don't move around often enough on a cruiser, your tailbone hurts, ass hurts, back hurts and legs cramp... I experience none of this on the 'Glide. I have more ground clearance than it may look like. The bike handles very well.

For such a gigantic land barge (it is after all, the largest bike Harley makes) it handles astoundingly well. I wasn't about to settle or sacrifice, and it was only after riding a lot of bikes that I decided on the RG. I can take corners almost as fast as I could on my Gixxer or Ducati, and considerably faster than I could on my Hammer S. It'll never be a sportbike, but it makes all other types of cruisers feel like a dog. Not only can it lean far, but it is shockingly nimble. I didn't believe the stories until I rode it for myself, and I can tell you that it is true! No Dyna, V-Rod, Softail can touch this bike in the twisties, even though my bike is considerably larger and heavier. It is also very nimble and light on its feet at walking pace maneuvers. I can turn this barge on a dime in a parking lot. I wouldn't have wanted to take the MSF course on my old Hammer, even though it handled very well, but I would take it in a heartbeat on my 'Glide and dominate the box.

The power is a bit anemic though, so a lot of power mods are planned for the future. Right now I'm modding comfort features and visual mods, and next year it will go through larger scale body modifications, and at that point I'll be upping the power as much as I can with the budget I have in mind.

·
2,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
A couple newer pics. I'll upload more when my new bars and other stuff are finished next week.

Added a Klock Werks 12" shield and then in the other pic, the new mirrors (swap out the shield from time to time depending on my mood)

Attachments

·
2,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Added these bars, Paul Yaffe OEM Monkey Bars (except mine are chrome)

NOT my pic

Added these Arlen Ness Deep Cut Grips

And the Yaffe "Scoowl" to make the bike look a bit meaner from the front

NOT my pic

·
Registered
15 Posts
Sweet bike... One day ill get a hog, but for now I need the speed and agility.

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
yeah, red bike looks sweet. I guess these roadglides are not your average stereotypical cruiser, it's more of a touring bike, i guess, so it's more functional than many of hd models - for example, fairings, 2 brake discs. btw, did they make those fairings from plastic or metal?
def good bike. you said you are going through a lot of different bikes so fast, what do you think your next bike would be? have you thought about some japanese (sport)tourers like vfr1200, or maybe even some bavarian piece like k1600gt?

·
2,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
yeah, red bike looks sweet. I guess these roadglides are not your average stereotypical cruiser, it's more of a touring bike, i guess, so it's more functional than many of hd models - for example, fairings, 2 brake discs. btw, did they make those fairings from plastic or metal?
def good bike. you said you are going through a lot of different bikes so fast, what do you think your next bike would be? have you thought about some japanese (sport)tourers like vfr1200, or maybe even some bavarian piece like k1600gt?
Yes, they are touring bikes.

Right now I am completely happy with this bike and don't feel the need for a second one.

But when it comes to the time where I want a 2nd and 3rd bike, they will have specifically different uses, and will be for short rides.

Some particular loves... Triumph Rocket III, Hayabusa, new-Gen V-Max and Victory High Ball. The High Ball is likely next.

·
2,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Uh oh, somebody gots a sandy vag.......:eek:hmy
Meh, not to worry. He's just venting from another thread. He has a stretched and lowered bike, and he posted pics of it here at GDC... so you can imagine what got him cranky. :biggrin

·
2,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Updated pics with the new Paul Yaffe 10" OEM Monkey Bars, Arlen Ness Deep Cut grips, J&M Performance speakers, Yaffe "Scoowl" headlight bezel.

·
Viking Fan Club Merchandise Manager
11,665 Posts
looks good man. keep up the good work. my neighbor has a friend who rides a nice victory vision (visits all the time on it) and i really like that bike. if i dont swear off street riding for good, i would consider one WAY down the road when i am ready for touring.

BTW the crash bars do look good on it with the hwy pegs. i would put hwy pegs on mine but it would destroy the overall look of the Zach Ness bike.

·
2,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
looks good man. keep up the good work. my neighbor has a friend who rides a nice victory vision (visits all the time on it) and i really like that bike. if i dont swear off street riding for good, i would consider one WAY down the road when i am ready for touring.

BTW the crash bars do look good on it with the hwy pegs. i would put hwy pegs on mine but it would destroy the overall look of the Zach Ness bike.

Thanks!! Next on the list is the matching engine guard that goes with the bars:

The Vision is hands-down the best riding bike I've ever gotten on. I just feel I'd have to be 60 to ride one :sad

You do know that I definitely approve of the lid. :cheers
Hells yeah, love the Born Free!

21 - 40 of 40 Posts