Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Confuses vag for cock... That would be "cock" as i
2,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And no one could be more surprised than me. I bought a Harley.

I swore I'd never buy one, but after spending a day on a Street Glide, then the Road Glide... I had to jump. I now own the largest bike HD makes, a 2012 FLTRX Road Glide Custom in Black Denim. Already started putting goodies on it, but going slow on the customizing.

I've never been so comfortable on a bike. And I'm loving the cruise control and the ability to listen to music while I ride :punk

·
Viking Fan Club Merchandise Manager
11,665 Posts
looks great! this sit next to your diavel now? looks like i need to upscale you now! thats easy seeing you bought an H-D :lmao

1,931 Posts
Alright, time to trade in all your gear for a sleevless vest, a bandana and fingerless gloves.

All kidding aside, nice bike. I secretely like HDs a bit. I just find it weird that their dealerships have as many handicap parking spaces, as regular parking spaces.

·
2,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Never thought I'd buy an HD, but after riding it now for a couple weeks... it is AMAZING. And while it actually does weigh 800lbs, it handles like you wouldn't believe. I'd rather do lock-to-lock 5mph turns on this than on my old Victory Hammer S. And it handles sweepers at higher speeds as well. I couldn't believe it.

It is very light on its feet. It is a bitch to back up though... takes more grunt than I've become used to with the 430lb Ducati :lol

·
Viking Foreign Affairs Attaché
4,047 Posts
And it handles sweepers at higher speeds as well.
I know you're excited with a new purchase, but it's no reason to lie...:lol

·
Nazi Lustful Faggot - hot for Hermann Göring & Cai
3,250 Posts
Looks fugly (esp. those square suitcases on the sides)

·
2,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Awesome bike man! Im pretty sure my next bike is going to be a street glide.

I actually went into the dealership with the sole intention of buying the used CVO Street Glide they had in stock, dam sexy beast. But my salesman was a hardcore Road Glide person and wouldn't stop until I begged him to. I test rode the CVO SG and liked it a lot, but didn't like the extra 50lbs attached to the handlebars (both for low speed maneuvering and for the wind it catches on the freeway playing tug of war with you), and while I was at the dealer THREE of his customers came through at different times... all riding Road Glides, ALL had originally intended to buy Street Glides. ALL said they never regretted their purchase.

Turns out that most RG owners never buy a different bike when they trade in or sell... they go back into another RG.

The CVO SG I rode unfortunately had been sitting for a while, and later found out that the original owner put on the Rinehart exhaust WITHOUT mapping it... so it was running poorly, kept wanting to stall through most of the ride. As we came back, we had to do a U-turn to get over to the dealership and mid turn, with traffic coming, at full lock... the bastard stalled and started going down on me. I was able to catch the nearly 800lb beast and muscle it back up without it hitting the ground.

When we got back the salesguy was flat-out amazed that I was able to do that, half the staff was high fiving me lol.

And it was right then that I decided to buy the RG. That extra weight on the front forks made that situation worse... my frame mounted fairing is a lot easier to handle.

I bought it without even a test ride... and like the other customers I met... I don't regret it one bit! Well, until it breaks down. And it will... it's a Harley afterall.

·
2,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
looks great! this sit next to your diavel now? looks like i need to upscale you now! thats easy seeing you bought an H-D :lmao
I ditched the Diavel :crying

I truly LOVED that bike, but I couldn't ride it for longer than an hour without something below the waist falling asleep (ass, legs or balls) and with no legroom to stretch out, it was getting to be a pain. Plus it has ZERO storage anywhere on it.

At this point in my life I need to focus on comfort over power, and practicality over speed. I WILL own the Duc again for short, around town fun... but for right now, I need a bagger.

·
Registered
753 Posts

I truly LOVED that bike, but I couldn't ride it for longer than an hour without something below the waist falling asleep (ass, legs or balls) and with no legroom to stretch out, it was getting to be a pain. Plus it has ZERO storage anywhere on it.

At this point in my life I need to focus on comfort over power, and practicality over speed. I WILL own the Duc again for short, around town fun... but for right now, I need a bagger.
If you can get past the looks, take a 1200 Multistrada (same engine as the Diavel, I believe) out for a spin sometime. I did and now I have a bike I can never afford (or justify paying for at least) on my "lust" list. Comfortable, great handling, POWER, and the sound through those Termi's was :drool :eek I came back from that test ride blown away by that bike. :punk

Congrats on the new ride. I'm not big on the land barges myself but I could easily see myself getting another Sporty for a second bike. It doesn't take much to turn them into a fun, comfortable good handling cruiser. I kinda miss mine. :sad

·
Viking Fan Club Merchandise Manager
11,665 Posts

sounds like it will be easy to upscale your H-D :lmao

lets see...1199 Tricolore, Desmosedici (yes i said it!!), hmmm....maybe a Dodge Tomahawk? :biggrin

·
Premium Member
463 Posts
Really nice looking bike! My Harley is a lot of fun, but I could never part with my gixxer.....!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
46 Posts
My father has a 2011 Softtail Classic. It's a blast to ride around, and it handles surprisingly well.

I can ride that thing 400+ miles at a time no problem, very comfortable bikes.

Sport bikes are more my thing, but I wouldn't mind owning a Harley if I had the money.

Sent while riding my GSX-R!

·
2,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
At this point in my life, my greatest needs are storage and comfort because I rarely drive my cars... I hate being off my bike. I've tried to make a number of bikes "work" for me, but this was what I ultimately needed.

So far, I couldn't be happier. Added a couple mods already and have a bunch on the way to me right now. I love owning a bike with such a MASSIVE aftermarket...

·
Registered
877 Posts
Nice bike. I have a couple of friends that ride Harley's and they try and convince me to get one all the time. Maybe I'll have one in the driveway one day.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
That’s Mister Chalet To You ....
7,744 Posts
you go from riding a gixxer, to looking at a vmax, then a duck, now a harley

you sir, have some serious decisiveness issues

I used to be really indecisive but now, I'm not so sure about that anymore :lol

1 - 20 of 40 Posts