Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I jus got an 88 750, i am new to sportbikes but not a complete moron. I put some oil in cuz i wasnt sure if he had much in or not, started it up and soon as i drop it in first it dies.?? Did i use the wrong oil?? put it in the wrong place?? or the clutch cable jus need tightening?? i was riden it a bit yesterday and it was workin fine. Help!!

·
Banned
3,509 Posts
Jedi's right about the side stand kill switch. It can be by-passed though. If you just got your gixxer, I recommend you do a couple of things before you start zipping around "care free"...

Get your wrenches out and double check every major bolt. Then all the little ones that will rattle loose or be corroded.

Sort out your suspension adjustments.

Instead of adding a little oil, do a total change. Don't bother with Fram filters. They're beyond crap. OEM, K&N and others are much, much better.

If you use the "search" function on this page you can find most every answer you may have...

Or just wait for Jeff to tell you the gospel

Welcome to the group

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yah i figured it out.. oops hehe
thanx guys

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
Hehehe. That's my old bike. There is plenty of oil in it. The window should show half full when it's standing up. It's full of fresh Mobil 1 Synthetic.

Here is the dyno sheet for it from the summer:

[ 12-17-2001: Message edited by: cosworth ]</p>

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Haha hey jason, thanx 4 the dyno chart.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
I nearly got fucked up when I bought mine a few years ago. The front sprocket nut was MISSING and the fucking chain came off at around 100mph overtaking a car down a country lane, the chain snapped and hit me in the arse leaving a line of grease up my leasthers but it didn't hurt !! phew............check everything.it's your life mate.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts