Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just kidding
I took them to get a valve job done on them and fix whatever else need fixing(even if it ain't broke
Here's what the pistons look like:

#2 piston

#4 piston

A (bad) shot of all 4.
I guess my question is since I'm getting new rings and having a valve job(with yosh cams
) should I just spring the extra kizash and get some new pistons fo shizzle?I didn't mic them,and I know that's the only sure way to tell.But should they look like this?The cross hatching on the cylinder walls look great w/out any nicks or anything.Just wondering what ya'll thought.Peace!!

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Zoinks
Damn,they look worse in the pictures;that second pic looks like a burnt pork chop
They say the camera adds 10 lbs on,but I didn't think the crap looked that bad in real life:laugh: Maybe I'll just get new pistons anyways
Gonna be broke till Thanksgiving
what's new

[ 10-23-2002, 05:18 AM: Message edited by: GIXXERJIMMY ]

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
here some pictures of mines so you can compare the differnces

·
Premium Member
10,263 Posts
Well I dont have any pics of mine... But they look like they have a lot of blow-by...

Maybe it is because the older motors dont have the plated block... But I dont get that much blow-by...

John

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
I would probably get new pistons since you've went that far already??

I'm sure they're expensive, right??

Actually, now that I think about it.... If you can clean them up, save some money and go for some new valves!!

·
Premium Member
10,263 Posts
I have talked to people at APE and they say that the pistons in our bikes are normaly good for 100K miles without problems... Just do new rings, and if the clys are in good size, just give it a quick clean up and cross hatch them...

John

1 - 6 of 6 Posts