Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
16,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ever since my 16k major tune ive had this oil leak..and its pissing me off..
on the right side of the engine above the name "suzuki" on the cylinder, i have
this oil leak..iit sprays a mist of oil on to the inside of the fairning..the front edge
of the starter cover is kinda grundgy too..the lower radiator hose has oil on it.
there appears to be oil above the cylinder as well..i have torqued the bolt that
is on the under side of the cylinder that goes into the head..i cant really get a wrench
on the allen bolts that are in the head that go into the cylinder, but im sure there tight.

i replaced the valve cover gasket, so im pretty sure thats not the source..i think its the
head gasket !!!! but wouldnt it be black exhaust comming from there if it was a head gasket?? no oil in the water..just a light spray of oil on that side of the engine..and fairing..

this is clean oil...

·
Registered
9,693 Posts
could be the bottom cylinder gasket. also the head gasket. i is spitting from the side that the cam chain runs correct? i would check out the gasket(s) that are under the starter ideler gear cover and the starter clutch cover. could be a leak on the top that is sparyer upwards. if that isnt it might have to bit the big one and pull the head and or cylinders.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Did you put some sealer under the gasket at the cam cut outs?[half moons] I also have had to put some sealer on the gaskets that are on the bolts. I use oil resistant silicone. Also, you are supposed to retorque the head at certain intervals, but most mechanics don't do it. I have had them quit leaking after retorquing. BTW, I put about 3 or 4 lbs more torque than it calls for.

·
Banned
16,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks boys, i thnk ill tear this thing down a bit more...yes i used a sealer on the valve cover gasket.. i like the starter gasket idea..
ill come back to this post later to let you know if it stopped leaking...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts