Discussion Starter #1

looks kinda familiar....

I don't know how he figured on the price

it is supposed to be a "show queen" bike that has little or no mileage

[ 06-11-2002, 08:07 AM: Message edited by: Mr Gixxer ]

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
$9500.00 $9500.00 $9500.00 $9500.00 $9500.00 $9500.00 What da fudge you talkin bout. its nice but $9500.00 damn!!!! Ill take $8500.00 for mine and save you a grand for extra parts.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
how much...........for that old nail ?

Only joking but $4000 is nearer the mark I reckon, then again it is still for sale and no one has had the sense to part with that sort of cash.

Maybe he was drunk when he thought of the price or it's one of those "of course I will sell the bike my love, you see it's up for sale already, becasuse I love you so much" ha ha ha ha

Andy

·
YAAFM Mod
3,016 Posts
But it has that cool Spoiler on the solo tail and the cool red grips...Makes me happy that I got such a good deal on my 90...One owner, 12,000mi, perfect bodywork, Yosh system, Keihin 39mm FCR's, Ohlins rear shock all for the inceadably low price of Drum roll please....4000.00. But does anybody know where I can get on of those spoilers? Must be needed to increase traction at speeds over 200...
Bones

·
Registered
461 Posts
I think it is beautiful, but unless Bill Gates left me in his will, it is gonna stay with that guy.

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
Well yeah, it's a clean bike and all polished pretty and everything... but *9,500* ??? ...oh... that's canadian dollars? Doesn't that translate to like $1.96 USD?

...just kidding Mr. G... I'll hafta see if I can get some pics of this local idiot who wants 10,000 (USD) for a clapped-out Trans-Am with Iron heads on it... sorta makes ya wonder if there's a school for these kindsa people doesn't it?

·
Registered
72 Posts
It has the wrong wheels on it as well. 88 1100's had 18" three spokes.

·
Banned
11,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by flyinphill:
It has the wrong wheels on it as well. 88 1100's had 18" three spokes.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">but mine in't as nice as his

at least that is how mine used to look

I think this guy got suckered into buying this "show" bike and now wants to get his bucks back

·
Registered
221 Posts
Looks like about a 3000 dollar bike to me. Those old hags aren't really that valuable anymore the world has moved on. If you aren't racing them believe me you can afford a better streetbike. There is a 2000 hayabusa in the florida trader with 8" arm ,all chrome, extended tail, Full exhaust,airshifter and N.O.S. for $8700 and looks real good too. Hell he wants more for his than i would take for mine and mine isn't really for sale Maybe when phil and dwayne finish my bike that guy will race me for pinks.! LOL!!!!!

·
Registered
108 Posts
Those are stock 18 inch 750 wheels. and he needs to put the crack pipe down and drop his price by about 2/3's..............

·
Banned
982 Posts
Those are 86'or 87' rims!
As Far as Price....Hell no!
I have too much to list and I'd expect $7000!
Thats For People That never saw It Tear A Busa A New ass!!!!!!

I'll never sell My 86'!

·
Registered
6,907 Posts
Is everything original on the bike? And is that the first Gixxer?

If its all original and it is in fact the first Gixxer, 10K is cheap. That could be going for $25K in no time.

·
Registered
45 Posts
polishing must be realy expensive in the U.S

·
Registered
108 Posts
migz123
Value is ruined by the polish job. Its not worth near as much as it would be stock.

·
Registered
390 Posts
I have a bridge in New York and a nice building lot in Florida , both for sale , if anyone is interested.

·
Premium Member
3,183 Posts
Yeah, looks sadly like the guy was naive, got caught up in the polish and sales bullshit and lost a major wad on it.

I'd pay that kinda $$$ for a decent, original RC30 if I was looking to collect, but not that one. Saw a perfect '95 750 for CDN$5500, just to put it in some kind of perspective.

He'd be better off to just eat the loss, chalk it up to experience and ride the thing. Even if he was hosed, his wallet's what's hurting. The bike looks fine. Go have fun and move on with it. Just don't try to charge a prospective buyer for all the gas you used in your vehicle as well......

1 - 18 of 18 Posts