Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
6,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nice and warm weather so we took a little trip, approx 300 km's, in the area.
A guy from Oslo is visiting our office this week so he took my K2.
Other bikes are my K5 and my friends 600RR and R1.
Have fitted a set of Rennsports to the K2 and holy shit these tires rocks

The other latest mods to the K2 are a Sargent seat, Harris rear sets, Factory Pro Billet Velocity stacks and a BMC Race filter.

The rear sets are nice and I like the feel from them better than the Gilles. However I do realize that they should have been black anodized. Too much gold in them

Not sure about the gains from the stacks, but they give me that nice growl from the airbox. I wish I had access to a dyno for a custom map, but no such thing here

The Sargent seat looks good, but have to put in a few miles on it to see if it is more comfy than the stocker which does the job pretty good IMO.
One thing I have noticed with it is that it keeps you from sliding up against the tank.

Here are a few pics for you

Pep talk before the ride

From left to right: Per, me, Magnar and Jan Thore. They are all collegues of me working in the ship newbuilding business.

The old lady and the new king

My bikes

..............and had to include the R1 as well

Bikes nicely lined up for our first break

Taking a break after a run through some high speed (150 mph+) sweepers and nice full throttle straights. Nice thing about riding here in Korea is that you do not have to worry about the police. The do not give a damn what you as motorcyclist are doing............and that is in fact true

Some local twisties

..and finally a "de-briefing" with some beers

·
loves oldgixxer and Anthony D
12,611 Posts
great pics...I still love your 02...so you realy like those tires huh?

·
Registered
6,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
so you realy like those tires huh?
Yeah, I believe the Rennsports as well as the Super Corsas has to be in a class of it's own in the dry

Don't expect much milage from them though (super soft front and medium rear), and certainly wouldn't get stuck in the rain with them

BTW I have ridden the R1 in the pics a few times now. It is fitted with OEM Pilot Power's and they seem awfully good also

·
Registered
349 Posts
Yeah, I believe the Rennsports as well as the Super Corsas has to be in a class of it's own in the dry

Don't expect much milage from them though (super soft front and medium rear), and certainly wouldn't get stuck in the rain with them

BTW I have ridden the R1 in the pics a few times now. It is fitted with OEM Pilot Power's and they seem awfully good also
I love the rennsports and supercorsa also, but just treid my first set of Pilot Powers.... WOW
Grip is astounding, turn on on my K2 is sharp and crisp. Worth a try for any street or occasional track guy.

·
Registered
601 Posts
wow is that a beer.... first rule no drinking now how did it handle up to thoes piece of shit other bikes. like the r 1 and honda

·
Premium Member
2,112 Posts
So tell us does the K5 smoke that R1 or what???

·
Registered
259 Posts
Off course it does!!!!

The only thing good about the R1, are its tires: Michelin Pilot Power.

·
Registered
6,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
That would depend entirely on the rider.

I have ridden his R1 a few times now and make no mistake, the R1 is one hell of good motorcycle. Period

To me these two bikes are pretty equal, but the K5 feels a bit more nimble and definately more rev willing

............and BABIBOY, the beers are beeing enjoyed after we finished the ride

·
loves oldgixxer and Anthony D
12,611 Posts

yup, I am very excited to get my super corsas mounted and balanced this fri...first time I'm running racing rubbers on the street...ever had problems with this setup on the street??

I have heard both great reviews and bad reviews running race compound on the street

thanks for the input in advance

·
Registered
6,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

yup, I am very excited to get my super corsas mounted and balanced this fri...first time I'm running racing rubbers on the street...ever had problems with this setup on the street??

I have heard both great reviews and bad reviews running race compound on the street

thanks for the input in advance
First time I have tried the Rennsports so I can't really say, but there are different opinions on the subject.

For me it is kind of an experiment and will probably choose Pilot Powers when I change on the K5.

However I can just imagine what a great combination a set of Rennsports/Supercorsas and the K5's superb handling capebilities would be

·
Registered
6,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Damn bro two very nice bikes, nice pics. Looks like some good riding.
Thanks to all for your replies

I love both bikes, but am a little worried how much the K2 will be ridden now. The K5 is just so much more fun

..........still have parts on order for the K2 though

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.