Looks like you got to see all the new bikes :thumbup

Is the L7 exhaust as large in real life as it appears in pictures? :facepalm

·
Super Moderator
14,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks like you got to see all the new bikes :thumbup

Is the L7 exhaust as large in real life as it appears in pictures? :facepalm
Yeah the exhaust still seemed pretty gawdy and out of place. Overall though, the bike looks a million times better in person. What struck me most after sitting on it was how narrow the bike seemed compared to my K6, which already seems GP small/narrow to me. It'll make a nice bike for sure for those looking to upgrade next year. :cheers

·
Both Handsome AND Pretty!
19,104 Posts
Do you remember what the story was with the red, white, & blue bike that said, "2 High Performance"? It looked like some kind on Land speed race bike with a giant aero tail?

·
Super Moderator
14,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Do you remember what the story was with the red, white, & blue bike that said, "2 High Performance"? It looked like some kind on Land speed race bike with a giant aero tail?
Honestly I didn't even get to talk to those guys. I was under a time constraint and snapped as many photos as I could to share with you all. I only had about 2 hours to get it done. That bike definitely looked like it belonged on the salt flats though, if not the drag stip. Rear tire was worn to shit. Hence the reason I took the shot. :cheers

·
Premium Member
24,541 Posts
Honestly I didn't even get to talk to those guys. I was under a time constraint and snapped as many photos as I could to share with you all. I only had about 2 hours to get it done. That bike definitely looked like it belonged on the salt flats though, if not the drag stip. Rear tire was worn to shit. Hence the reason I took the shot. :cheers
That's a cut-rail Busa grudge bike with a flat-slick rear tire ;)

·
Super Moderator
14,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I guess I'm old because I got off most on the old RD400

Awesome pics :thumbup
Truthfully I got off most in the "antique" section myself. :drool Apparently there's a company around here that specializes in those bikes only. Some of them weren't even restorations. They were just extremely well kept examples from very prudent owners.

I had my wife text some of those photos to my dad while we were there and he damn near shat himself looking at the vintage bikes. :D

·
Both Handsome AND Pretty!
19,104 Posts
I guess I'm old because I got off most on the old RD400

Awesome pics :thumbup
:lol I was admiring that too. My buddy's dad had one when were were early teeners. We used to sneak it out, best wheely bike ever.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts