Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive did the airbox mod on my 96 750 gsxr and for now i run a plate i made with the same size hole as a stock airbox under the filter.

but what i wanna know is if there is anyone who has sucessfully tuned their carbs with the airbox modded, and what jets did u use to achieve perfect tune??

right now ive got a yosh duplex header (the one with the spring on cans for crossover) and a 2.25 inch baffle and 2.25 exit rs-3 yoshimura.

ive got a k&n filter in the airbox.

ive got a dynojet jet kit in factory carbs now, with drilled slides, and 130,132 jets.

i know someone on here has sucessfully done this with carbs . it cant just be a mod for the FI guys! i know FI makes it super easy but someone out there has done it i know with a carb

i know this wont matter much but ill go ahead and add in that i have a 520 vortex sprocket conversion +3 on the rear, -1 on the front

·
Registered
7,958 Posts
So far I've only heard of FI bikes running the mod successfully. I think it is possible to set the carbs up right, but I suspect you'd need a tuner who knows carbs like the back of his hand plus lots of dyno time.

Good luck and keep us posted

·
Registered
617 Posts
Even with the FI it can be a problem. I opened my air box too much. I am going to the hobby store soon to close it up a little.

I lost of the low end but it is so nice up top.

·
Registered
585 Posts
I got my 600 to run pretty good with the airbox opened up. A little flat at 6k but after that it rips shit up. Mostly because I dropped two teeth in the front but the airbox mod helped too.

I'm buliding a a airflow guide "The Deflector" for the lower airbox inlet so the air will have a smooth path to the air filter and also a cone that deflects the air going to the filter so it doesn't run into the top of the filter. This mite no make sense to you but I'll post some pics so it will make more sense later.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts