Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
11,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>The Rathwell designed suspension linkage is called the SRS link and sold
by Fox. The progression curve is the main difference. I don't know if
it also alters rear ride height, but different side links might handle
this. In the past I have seen adjustable side links, basically at pair
of RH/LH thread spherical rod end bearings like a gearshift shaft, which
would allow you to dial it in to exactly what you need.
Duncan
====================
About the Rathwell links for the '88-'89 GSX-R750: apparently, the rear
suspension in stock form was *way* too progressive (read: initially very
soft, then instantly rock-hard), and hard to come off corners well with.
D Hixon
<hr></blockquote>

I found this for sale on E-bay
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>This is a FOX SHOCK SRS LINK SET off a GSXR 750, 1991 model, may fit other models, please check with FOX or your dealer before bidding. It was just rebuilt by FOX and is ready to go. The shock is correctly valved and sprung for the SRS link and is set up for a 140lb to 180lb rider. This is the real deal if you want your GSXR to handle well. Please add $12 for insured UPS to anywhere in the USA. I accept PAYPAL. Thank you.
<hr></blockquote>

that SRS link looks like just what I need to bolt on my 92 swingarm perfectly to the frame. Anybody have experience with this link?

G

·
0 Posts
Well I can tell you that the link needs to be used with a fox shock that has been re-sprung and re-valved for the link. It uses a spring rating aproximatly 100lbs greater than the standard spring for your given weight. If you already have a fox shock then you would need to buy the SRS link($100.00) new eibach spring ($90.00) and have the shock revalved ($100.00??) by fox. What other info do you need? You would probably be better off buying the one on the auction since it has everything you need already.....that is depending on what he's asking for it. I've seen these Fox Shock/SRS link combos sell for $300.00 on Ebay in the past. Since you are putting this on a 88 GSXR1100 frame with a 92 GSXR1100 swingarm you might want to talk to Fox directly @ 1-800-FOX-SHOX

[ 11-27-2001: Message edited by: GixxerRacer371 ]</p>

G

·
0 Posts
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Mr Gixxer:
its so easy to score free stuff!

I just got off the phone With Air Tech, they are giving me some new rear plastic to go with the other stuff I bought off Cherry1100
<hr></blockquote>

Hmmmmmmm...... ok I see, if I start up my own web site dedicated to something really cool and get lots of publicity then I can score free stuff too!!! I know, I'll start a Playboy Playmate website and maybe Hugh Hefner will send me a couple of playmates to try out for free, what do you think about that idea? ha ha ha.....

·
Banned
11,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well I gave them a call, so they say that it should work with my setup.

now to see if I can wheel and deal a free new shock!

G

·
0 Posts
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Mr Gixxer:
well I gave them a call, so they say that it should work with my setup.

now to see if I can wheel and deal a free new shock!
<hr></blockquote>

See....just throw around a little of that Circus clown magic and maybe one will apear!! ha ha ha

·
Banned
11,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
its so easy to score free stuff!

I just got off the phone With Air Tech, they are giving me some new rear plastic to go with the other stuff I bought off Cherry1100

·
Banned
3,509 Posts
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by GixxerRacer371:

Hmmmmmmm...... ok I see, if I start up my own web site dedicated to something really cool and get lots of publicity then I can score free stuff too!!! I know, I'll start a Playboy Playmate website and maybe Hugh Hefner will send me a couple of playmates to try out for free, what do you think about that idea? ha ha ha.....

<hr></blockquote>

Don't bother. I tried it and Hef turned me down.

·
Premium Member
3,183 Posts
Re the SRS and GSXR1100:
If memory serves me, the SRS link changes the stock linkage value from a 30% rising rate to a 14% value. If you also change the upper shock mounts to those from a 750, you get the 9% value. I'd guess that for the street 9% would be a little low for shit roads.

Rathwell and SRS were originally a CDN company out of Montreal. Does anyone know if he/they still exist in Canada? I was enquiring about the linkage, but it doesn't make sense to buy something from the US if its made at home anyway.

·
Banned
11,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well Fox never called me back

it would be nice to take a look at that SRS link

I can't believe that you have to run 100% more spring rate with it as the spacing between points looks quite similar to stock

G

·
0 Posts
well Fox never called me back

it would be nice to take a look at that SRS link

I can't believe that you have to run 100% more spring rate with it as the spacing between points looks quite similar to stock
<hr></blockquote>

Don't worry, I've been wanting an SRS link for some time now. The 100 lb. increase is what they quoted me when I called them last month. I weigh 212 lbs. and I'm currently running a 500# spring on my 93 GSXR 750 and according to them I would need a 600# spring to work with the SRS link. The kid I talked to there in Tech. support has a 91-92 GSXR1100 and was in dire need of bodywork. If you have anything for that year model maybe you could work something out. I did get a pair of free stickers from them though!!!

·
Registered
434 Posts
if you are trying to find springs check out Demon Tweeks there catalog shows a ton of spring rates and lengths in 25lb increments and the average price is 18-19 pounds sterling which is a lot less than anywhere else I could find. Made by Suplex or Faulkeners.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts