Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello fellow riders. i have a quick question and ca use a females point of view. my sister is currently thinking of buying a bike. she wants to buy one like mine (gsxr600) i told her to look into other bikes befiore getting one like mine. and this will be her first bike. should she get a 250??? or maybe something else. i told er to go used for a start off. and she agreed with me on that. i live in southern cali. so traffic and drivers are stupid out here (im sure they are like that anywhere). any ideas on good starter bikes???

·
Ex-Lady Supermod
16,100 Posts
Starter bike is a starter bike, boy/girl makes no difference. I started on an EX500 which later became a Ninja 500 with upgraded rear brake from drum to disk. Here is a list of good beginner bikes and yes, some are I4 but still fall into good bikes albeit higher HP but negated by their weight. Might have her take the msf course to see if she likes riding or not.

Kawasaki Ninja 250 (Sport bike)

Kawasaki Ninja 300 (Sport bike)

Honda CBR250R (Sport bike)

Kawasaki Ninja 650R (Sport bike)

Kawasaki Ninja 500R (Sport bike)

Suzuki DR-Z400SM (Dual Sport)

BMW G650 Xcountry (Dual Sport)

Suzuki GS500F (Sport bike)

Suzuki SV650S (Sport bike)

Suzuki SV650N (Naked)

Suzuki SV650SF ABS (Sport bike)

Suzuki GSX650F available with ABS on later models (Sport Bike)

Suzuki Gladius (Naked)

Suzuki Katana 600 (sport touring)

Kawasaki ER-6N (Naked)

Yamaha FZ6R (Sport bike)

·
Premium Member
82 Posts
There is also:

CBR300R and in shortly in Oz a KTM RC390

Either of which would be a good platform to build riding skills while setting up for a transition to something like a gixxer 600 down the road.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
much appreciated ladies :) and mys sister went for an i883. but i appreciate all the help and advice

·
Ex-Lady Supermod
16,100 Posts
That's a good starter bike as well. It's on my unedited beginner bike list but usually anyone who asks here doesn't want a cruiser type bike.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Starter bike is a starter bike, boy/girl makes no difference. I started on an EX500 which later became a Ninja 500 with upgraded rear brake from drum to disk. Here is a list of good beginner bikes and yes, some are I4 but still fall into good bikes albeit higher HP but negated by their weight. Might have her take the msf course to see if she likes riding or not.

Kawasaki Ninja 250 (Sport bike)

Kawasaki Ninja 300 (Sport bike)

Honda CBR250R (Sport bike)

Kawasaki Ninja 650R (Sport bike)

Kawasaki Ninja 500R (Sport bike)

Suzuki DR-Z400SM (Dual Sport)

BMW G650 Xcountry (Dual Sport)

Suzuki GS500F (Sport bike)

Suzuki SV650S (Sport bike)

Suzuki SV650N (Naked)

Suzuki SV650SF ABS (Sport bike)

Suzuki GSX650F available with ABS on later models (Sport Bike)

Suzuki Gladius (Naked)

Suzuki Katana 600 (sport touring)

Kawasaki ER-6N (Naked)

Yamaha FZ6R (Sport bike)
Nice list!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts