Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Issue solved Bike is running perfect again

Hi,
I'm just looking for some insight / reassurance.

I recently installed a K7 Yoshimura R55 (slip on) on my K8 (deleted the cat). After installing, I fired the bike up to check my handywork and it ran beautifully. Sounded awesome. It was too cold for a ride (I'm in Canada), so I just let it run for about 5-10 minutes. Today I went out to the garage and started it up and it sounded a little "rough" at idle. Once it was up to temp, I gave it a couple little revs (4000rpm or so) and upon returning to idle it belched a good flame out of the can and then stalled. It fired right back up, but was again a little rough at idle, shooting flames any time I revved it and then stalled. I didn't want to push my luck, so just shut it off. I have read a few exhaust threads and just wanted to make sure that this is normal/to be expected prior to remapping the ecu.

Is this because the bike (now with it's cat deleted) is running too rich? I do have an appointment booked for my ecu to be flashed (disable pair valve etc.)/bike dyno tuned in a couple of weeks, which I am hoping will rectify these issues before the start of riding season here.

Any input would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So what was the problem?
?What was wrong with it?
I think it may have been one of my vacuum hoses. I did not see anything obvious, but in order to troubleshoot I disconnected/reconnected all of the hoses on the air box (making sure they were good and solid) fired the bike up and the issue was gone. It's running as smooth as ever, minimal popping on deceleration (which I'm sure the ecu flash will correct) and no flames. Fingers crossed, the issue is gone :)(y)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No. I didn't mess with any of that. I do know that my tuner said that he is going to disable the Pair Valve when he does the ecu flash. As of right now (our riding season is just getting started), I've only had the bike out for 2 rides (about 1.5 hours each time). It's running beautifully. I'm hoping to have the flash as soon as possible

1 - 6 of 6 Posts