Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Just curious if you can buy that padding piece or if you have to buy the whole plastic piece with the pad? looks like this:

[ 09-13-2002, 12:38 PM: Message edited by: Damaja ]

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Does anybody know of the best place/site for deals on replacement rear seat (single) cowlings? I'm tired of having that damned 2nd seat on the back.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Originally posted by Spooner:
Yep I got one from LP.

-Spooner
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">you got that one I see on the red/black bike from LP? just the pad part? did't need to buy the whole seat part? I couldnt find it on the LP site

·
Registered
4,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It is made by CSS-it only comes with the part that sticks to the no-ho

-Spooner

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
I never did understand the reason behind using one of those. If your legs are clinging the tank (as they should be), how can your butt possibly go back that far? I'm a six-footer; maybe you guys are seven-footers?

Tucking's a different story though. I DO touch back when I'm getting low. Wouldn't the pad just get in the way and prevent me from tucking in that much lower?

So...what's the story from the pad owners? Recommend them?

·
Banned
6,048 Posts
i prefer pads , ya know, for added protection on those 'heavy' days.....

seriously, i ride jammed bak into my lumbar pad, as it gives me a better feeling of being locked in, and a better overall belongingness to my riding position.....but i also put on rearset plates, which raised up & moved back the stock rearset assemblies......

1 - 8 of 8 Posts