Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see the second seat cover in the Chapp. book goes for like 50-60. Does airteck charge similar prices? Does anyone have a seat cover that's in the 20-30 range?? All I need is a paintable one.

I've checked ebay and don't see any for sale.

Is there a difference between the solo and the pilot seat I hear people talking about? I've seen pics of bikes with single seat layout, no second seat at all, but I don't want that. I just want to cover my second seat, or remove it and bolt on the cover for the single look.

corbin charges an arm & a leg.

------------------

Twist this

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
Check out lockhartphillipsusa.com also targa.com, as well as some custom shops in your area, you could also try to haggle with air-tech.

Karl J

------------------

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll try those links. Didn't know you could haggle with a company like that, flea market style. I know the shop here in town will charge a service fee for ordering from the same place I would, so they are out of the picture. Trying to learn all I can about maintenance and general repairs to keep the shop out of my pocket. $20 to put a tire on, and $40 to take the old one off and put the tire on. I should be able to take the wheels off.
Going for new sprockets and chain while I'm at it, so might as well get my hands dirty. The seat cover is on the list for sure though, love that look.

------------------

Twist this

1 - 3 of 3 Posts