Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

I'm using my K4 for roadracing and are having problems with my front brake, getting soft after a few laps. After cooling down, the brake feels fine again. It does'nt loose the braking force, but the lever gets remarkable soft. I've tried bleeding the system both warm and cold, and both at the calipers and at the master, but it haven't changed the situation.
Another reason could be oblique discs, but then I think the problem should be there from the start (cold)

Anyone having experienced the same problem??

BR [email protected] - The Braking Dane

·
Bearded Viking Admin...
131,133 Posts
Hej, velkommen til - ikke så mange danskere her

for the non-Danish:

What pads do you use?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I might think I've already found the problem!
It's possible that the fluid can, that I've used for after-filling, have been left open for a while, and thereby have absorbed moisture from the air, resulting in a much lower boiling point, than expected.
I'll empty the system and fill up with brand new fluid, from a sealed can

BR [email protected]

·
Bearded Viking Admin...
131,133 Posts
Oh yeah, don't use old fluid...

You wouldn't happen to have been in Poznan earlier this month?

·
Bearded Viking Admin...
131,133 Posts
Yeah, just before the race weekend for three trackdays - don't race - yet...

Going there again September 11-15th

·
Registered
4,508 Posts
Another Dane here, although I live in the US.

Anyways, I've had the same problem with my K4 600. I went back to stock pads and they work better than the aftermarket. I'll try some different fluid and go back to the Vesrah's and see if that helps. But really, the stock pads doesn't seem to have this issue. Not nearly as bad at least.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.