Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So airhead moment. Need help. ASAP. Was replacing spark plugs on 07 gsxr 600 and I used a short socket and it released from the wrench extension and got stuck down there and the spark plug is sticking out of the socket. Spark plug isn’t loose at all. Tried using a magnet but it doesn’t reach the socket since the tip of the spark plug sticks out first. Tried using a small hangar and it doesn’t work either. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey guys! Thanks for all the helpful tips. I got it out with a tiny telescopic magnet and I taped a paper clip (straightened it out with a bend at the end) to a precision pick and I plucked the socket out through the corners and used the magnet to help it come out. Came right off after a couple try’s

·
Registered
1 Posts
So airhead moment. Need help. ASAP. Was replacing spark plugs on 07 gsxr 600 and I used a short socket and it released from the wrench extension and got stuck down there and the spark plug is sticking out of the socket. Spark plug isn’t loose at all. Tried using a magnet but it doesn’t reach the socket since the tip of the spark plug sticks out first. Tried using a small hangar and it doesn’t work either. Any suggestions?
Grab spark plug with vice grips take it and socket out as one piece....
Or grab socket with vice grips
Good luck.... that's a tough one!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts