Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys If anyone is in SoCal let me know! I'm a new rider and I'm new to this whole forums thing in general. And I can't take my MSF course until the end of February, so I'd love to learn from you guys as fellow riders. I just bought my first bike on Saturday, 2007 GSX-R600. I'm in the Long Beach/Orange County area so let me know, I'm free on Fridays and Saturdays! See you in the forums!

·
Registered
250 Posts
Hey guys If anyone is in SoCal let me know! I'm a new rider and I'm new to this whole forums thing in general. And I can't take my MSF course until the end of February, so I'd love to learn from you guys as fellow riders. I just bought my first bike on Saturday 11-28-2015, 2007 GSX-R600. I'm in the Long Beach/Orange County area so let me know, I'm free on Fridays and Saturdays! I look forward to meeting you guys!
Orange County here.

post a picture. first bike....you should start with a 125cc or a 250cc.

the best way to practice is on a empty parking lot.
practice your braking....cause 1/2 second can save your life.
practice your front braking at all times.
turning and sharp turns.....these are a must for intersections close accidents.

·
Unstable SuperMod
21,904 Posts
ZZZ is right, there are many people on here that would rather not be on the streets beside someone that is on their first bike that they only just picked up, esp with a SS as a first bike.

Parking lots, over and over again before anything else.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey guys If anyone is in SoCal let me know! I'm a new rider and I'm new to this whole forums thing in general. And I can't take my MSF course until the end of February, so I'd love to learn from you guys as fellow riders. I just bought my first bike on Saturday 11-28-2015, 2007 GSX-R600. I'm in the Long Beach/Orange County area so let me know, I'm free on Fridays and Saturdays! I look forward to meeting you guys!
Orange County here.

practice your braking....cause 1/2 second can save your life.
practice your front braking at all times.
turning and sharp turns.....these are a must for intersections close accidents.

Yea I hear you Z! I'm definitely taking it slow as far as learning goes. I'm meeting up with a buddy Friday and He's gonna teach me the basics on his dirtbike. Thanks for tip.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ZZZ is right, there are many people on here that would rather not be on the streets beside someone that is on their first bike that they only just picked up, esp with a SS as a first bike.

Parking lots, over and over again before anything else.
I hear you loud and clear Knight, and I'm already on it, thanks bud.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Orange County here.

Sorry Z, forgot to post a pic for you, So here they are. Had a buddy of mine check it out and from what I'm told, things wrong so far...the Neutral light works.... Sometimes.

The ignition looks like it took a beating, key is also slightly bent.
And I don't know if this is a safety feature but the bike turned off once or twice when I put the kickstand down.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
24,541 Posts
Bike will shut off if the kickstand is still down and you put it in gear;at least it's supposed to.
Side panels&nose are not original paint which could be a sign the bike has been down;taking into account its a 600 chances are some squid wadded it up. Hope there is no hidden damage that you are not aware of.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bike will shut off if the kickstand is still down and you put it in gear;at least it's supposed to.
Side panels&nose are not original paint which could be a sign the bike has been down;taking into account its a 600 chances are some squid wadded it up. Hope there is no hidden damage that you are not aware of.
Yea I'm pretty sure it went down, not sure if a loose tail light is concrete evidence of that but there are some scratches and what not. All in all it's good to know, keep it comin' Gixx, thanks man!

·
Registered
250 Posts
Hey guys If anyone is in SoCal let me know! I'm a new rider and I'm new to this whole forums thing in general. And I can't take my MSF course until the end of February, so I'd love to learn from you guys as fellow riders. I just bought my first bike on Saturday, 2007 GSX-R600. I'm in the Long Beach/Orange County area so let me know, I'm free on Fridays and Saturdays! See you in the forums!
hey Califrank..... if you need help with maintenance or a thoughral inspection let me know, i will be happy to help with what i can.

by the way.....after December i will be moving to Sacramento.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Statistics show that a beginner will have his first accident the first 6-12 months.
be very careful....always scan your road, always scanning ahead of you...even in your most comfortable roads or time of the day. Never let your guard down.
if you have some funds to spend...buy gear.

one thing to remember.... [email protected]#$ happens whe you are so comfortable in your bike when some idiot cuts you off in front of you. if you have a camera wear it all the time.

ride safe.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hey Califrank..... if you need help with maintenance or a thoughral inspection let me know, i will be happy to help with what i can.

by the way.....after December i will be moving to Sacramento.

Hell yeah!!! Thanks Z!!!! Yea I'm off Fridays and Saturdays and supposed to meet up with a friend Sat, but he hasn't confirmed. Yea man I'm taking in any and all the knowledge I can!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts