Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 20 of 160 Posts

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm just wondering if anyone has pre-ordered the new 1000 yet! I'm a new guy to the forum...well, been posting for a month or so, but I'll be reppin' Suzuki in April, when my new K7 arrives. Black/Orange color, too! Maybe we'll have a count of how many Gixxer members are getting one! Peace.

·
Registered
305 Posts
i have a k6 now, still speculating. not going to order one until i actually ride one and see if theres any realy difference. But if i do get a new bike next year it has to be a K7 because none of the other brands have anything different or better enough.

Katastrophe18 said:
I'm just wondering if anyone has pre-ordered the new 1000 yet! I'm a new guy to the forum...well, been posting for a month or so, but I'll be reppin' Suzuki in April, when my new K7 arrives. Black/Orange color, too! Maybe we'll have a count of how many Gixxer members are getting one! Peace.

·
Registered
710 Posts
johnsrr2gsx said:
i have a k6 now, still speculating. not going to order one until i actually ride one and see if theres any realy difference. But if i do get a new bike next year it has to be a K7 because none of the other brands have anything different or better enough.
not suggesting that you get anything other than a gixx (or get a diff. bike(i love my k6)), but dont you think its a little early to tell if the other brands are different or better enough, the r1 just got a big redo and no one has been able to do any reviews yet in the mags(that i know of).

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm sure the bikes won't be much different. You'd be probably notice the hydro-clutch and chassis upgrades the most...obviously power, but I think the changes are a step foward in the right direction. Some people are bitchin' about how it's not a leap ahead of the last 1000, but I think the changes are worth it. I know a bunch of the R1 guys are hatin' on the new 1000 (as usual, I guess :) ), but I doubt their new "varible intake stacks" will last long. I could see that being a major headache down the road, LOL ;). But yeah, 'Zuki looks to have the rest in check for all-around-death-machine. Oh yeah, this is my first bike...ever.....:D! Early grave for me!!! Not...:D!

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, but you have to remember, most of the magazines even tell you that the difference between all the litre-bikes is seperated by a hair! I personally disliked riding the Yamaha...it was an R6 mind you, but holy lag...you'd swear it had a turbo! I think it will be close. I think almost as close as my butthole will pucker when I first crack the throttle on the 1000! Haha! :eek!

·
Registered
623 Posts
Clutch aside the K6 is real nice machine. I think the R1 will be strong in 07. I don't know if Suzuki has upped the power much on the K7. The new clutch is a good idea. I'm not sure about the selectable map. I can see that being problematic. I don't see there being much wrong with the R1, the parent company is Toyota.

Katastrophe18 said:
I'm sure the bikes won't be much different. You'd be probably notice the hydro-clutch and chassis upgrades the most...obviously power, but I think the changes are a step foward in the right direction. Some people are bitchin' about how it's not a leap ahead of the last 1000, but I think the changes are worth it. I know a bunch of the R1 guys are hatin' on the new 1000 (as usual, I guess :) ), but I doubt their new "varible intake stacks" will last long. I could see that being a major headache down the road, LOL ;). But yeah, 'Zuki looks to have the rest in check for all-around-death-machine. Oh yeah, this is my first bike...ever.....:D! Early grave for me!!! Not...:D!

·
Registered
686 Posts
Nicko72 said:
Clutch aside the K6 is real nice machine. I think the R1 will be strong in 07. I don't know if Suzuki has upped the power much on the K7. The new clutch is a good idea. I'm not sure about the selectable map. I can see that being problematic. I don't see there being much wrong with the R1, the parent company is Toyota.
I don't think they are quite a "parent company" but I do know that Toyota has at least a 5% stake in Yamaha.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Don't get me wrong, Toyota is awesome, but their new latest "lift" mode on their vvti-l engines have been crappin' out early in the cars life span. Plus they sided with Pontiac on that one, :wtf...so yeah, I'm pretty sure the R1 will be a great bike...but not enough to beat the 'Zuki! Cheers! :cheers!

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
I hope you were being sarcastic about it being your first bike Katastrophe. Not to sure if the Not... was about having it as your first bike or you not dying. And if it is your first bike it won't be to far for me to drive to your funeral, since im in Alberta.

Reactions: Throttlestop

·
Registered
964 Posts
Uh, you don't know what Desmosedici is? Seriously?

Not a HUGE ducati fan, but I'd have my left nut surgically removed for this one.....

200+hp, Moto GP replica...and not just looks. Chassis, engine, brakes, bodywork, etc...the list goes on an on. They had on at Laguna this year in the GP paddock....even better looking in person.

I remember when the first pictures were released...especially the team version...whew.....MSRP? A cool $65,000.00.

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/Article_Page.aspx?ArticleID=3358&Page=1

DUCATI DESMOSEDICI RR Technical Specifications

Engine: L-4 cylinder, liquid-cooled, DOHC, Desmodromic, 4 valves per cylinder, gear driven camshafts
Displacement: 989 cc
Power: More than 200 HP @ 13,500 rpm
Torque: N/A
Fuel injection: Four 50 mm Magneti Marelli throttle bodies, 12-hole "microjet" with injectors over throttle, manual idle control
Exhaust: 4 into 2 into 1 - Vertical Exit exhaust/silencer
Emissions: Euro 3
Trasmission: 6-speed; Cassette type
Clutch: Dry multi-plate slipper clutch
Body: Full carbon fiber bodywork
Frame: Tubular steel trellis hybrid, carbon fibre seat support, aluminium swingarm
Front Suspension: Ohlins 'FG353' PFF forks USD 43 mm pressurized, with preload, rebound and compression adjustment, TiN coated sliders
Front Wheel: Marchesini forged and machined magnesium alloy wheels, with 7 spoke design as GP6
Rear Suspension: Ohlins rear shock, with rebound, low/high speed compression adjustment, and hydraulic preload adjustment
Rear Wheel: Marchesini forged and machined magnesium alloy wheels, with 7 spoke design as GP6
Tires: Bridgestone
Front Brake: Two Brembo radial "monoblock" callipers with four 34 mm pistons; two semi-floating 320 mm x 6 mm discs, with machined flange: the same as GP6 wet race set-up
Rear Brake: 240 mm fixed disc, floating calliper with two 34 mm pistons
Fuel tank: Aluminium alloy
Dry Weight:N/A
Instruments:
New lightweight Corse electronic multifunction dashboard with LCD 'bar' graph tachometer, trip/odometer, anti-theft immobilizer, lap time measurement, oil pressure, fuel reserve, EOBD, clock, air temperature, rev counter.
Colors:
(1) Desmosedici RR: Rosso GP with a white number plate on the tail section
(2) Desmosedici RR "Team Version": Rosso GP with broad white fairing stripe.
A team sponsor decal kit will be provided with each bike.
Single-seat only

·
Registered
305 Posts
ur right until a week ago when i saw pics of new the R1 which look the same as the old one. Was going to get that, but now doubting even the K7.

ClintB said:
not suggesting that you get anything other than a gixx (or get a diff. bike(i love my k6)), but dont you think its a little early to tell if the other brands are different or better enough, the r1 just got a big redo and no one has been able to do any reviews yet in the mags(that i know of).

·
Registered
171 Posts
Katastrophe18 said:
Not me, that´s for sure :nono that bike is dead ugly :eek:hmy
I´ll jump off the Suzook ship for now...

·
Registered
118 Posts
the50ho said:
Uh, you don't know what Desmosedici is? Seriously?

Not a HUGE ducati fan, but I'd have my left nut surgically removed for this one.....

200+hp, Moto GP replica...and not just looks. Chassis, engine, brakes, bodywork, etc...the list goes on an on. They had on at Laguna this year in the GP paddock....even better looking in person.

I remember when the first pictures were released...especially the team version...whew.....MSRP? A cool $65,000.00.

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/Article_Page.aspx?ArticleID=3358&Page=1

DUCATI DESMOSEDICI RR Technical Specifications

Engine: L-4 cylinder, liquid-cooled, DOHC, Desmodromic, 4 valves per cylinder, gear driven camshafts
Displacement: 989 cc
Power: More than 200 HP @ 13,500 rpm
Torque: N/A
Fuel injection: Four 50 mm Magneti Marelli throttle bodies, 12-hole "microjet" with injectors over throttle, manual idle control
Exhaust: 4 into 2 into 1 - Vertical Exit exhaust/silencer
Emissions: Euro 3
Trasmission: 6-speed; Cassette type
Clutch: Dry multi-plate slipper clutch
Body: Full carbon fiber bodywork
Frame: Tubular steel trellis hybrid, carbon fibre seat support, aluminium swingarm
Front Suspension: Ohlins 'FG353' PFF forks USD 43 mm pressurized, with preload, rebound and compression adjustment, TiN coated sliders
Front Wheel: Marchesini forged and machined magnesium alloy wheels, with 7 spoke design as GP6
Rear Suspension: Ohlins rear shock, with rebound, low/high speed compression adjustment, and hydraulic preload adjustment
Rear Wheel: Marchesini forged and machined magnesium alloy wheels, with 7 spoke design as GP6
Tires: Bridgestone
Front Brake: Two Brembo radial "monoblock" callipers with four 34 mm pistons; two semi-floating 320 mm x 6 mm discs, with machined flange: the same as GP6 wet race set-up
Rear Brake: 240 mm fixed disc, floating calliper with two 34 mm pistons
Fuel tank: Aluminium alloy
Dry Weight:N/A
Instruments:
New lightweight Corse electronic multifunction dashboard with LCD 'bar' graph tachometer, trip/odometer, anti-theft immobilizer, lap time measurement, oil pressure, fuel reserve, EOBD, clock, air temperature, rev counter.
Colors:
(1) Desmosedici RR: Rosso GP with a white number plate on the tail section
(2) Desmosedici RR "Team Version": Rosso GP with broad white fairing stripe.
A team sponsor decal kit will be provided with each bike.
Single-seat only

sorry for the :eek:fftopic but... I'd track it. :punk

·
Registered
6,186 Posts
Palomartian said:
Not me. I have a shot at getting near the front of the line for a Desmosedici and I might take it. Ya think?
Wooohaaa...............who wouldn't want one. Go for it Palo :punk

I am sticking to my K5 for a while. It is in pretty good shape at the moment :biggrin

A little off topic, sorry, but If I am getting a new bike next year it will be the 07 750. Like Kevin Shwantz said: "It is probably the best 600 ever made"

Besides I reckon it to be the best loking and best all-round performer of any bike ever produced. The UK mags are all over it for the Bike Of The Year title.

1 - 20 of 160 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.